Scared Mom

Old 07-25-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wow1323 View Post
Your son is 19 and your still holding your breath. My son is 14 months and I hold my breath constantly, reminding myself to breathe. I worry all the time about him and when I'm not doing that I'm worrying that I'm worrying. I guess no matter how old they get you still hold your breath.
-virtual hug
14 months old! What a joy!
Please wow, try to breathe in the joy and breathe out the worry.
Watch him explore his world and see the wonder on his face when he discovers something new!
Smell that baby's neck if you want to smell a miracle!
Walking, the new words, trying new foods!
Everything is new and fabulous.
Enjoy your son.
Beth
Old 07-25-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Beth, I just stopped crying and now I cry again. I will, I do.
wow
Old 07-25-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wow1323 View Post
Beth, I just stopped crying and now I cry again. I will, I do.
wow
oh, i didnt want you to cry, maybe a release, cause you have to breathe to cry.
but, my youngest is going to be 18 in September, she is in jail now and headed to rehab on friday. my oldest is 28, and was just arrested last month trying to steal from kohls to support his heroin habit.

i was indulging in my memories of when they were babies and the memories of sober times with them. so brilliant (they got that from their moms side of the family) and yet so broken.

i have to put on my life mask first, and keep breathing to keep it up for my family when they need me.
i will get sane by working my al-anon program so i know when they can help themselves and when my "help" is holding them back.

bless your heart and your son's heart too!

Beth
Old 07-25-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mji View Post
Wow, thank you to each and every one of you, for the hope and the advice. Things are moving along well. He is to be successfully discharged on Tuesday from his inpatient program, and he has chosen a Sober Living Residence to move into on that day. He does seem very hopeful of a new and better day for himself. His big goal is to be able to return to college, but he knows he has much to accomplish before that can happen. He also has some legal hurdles, and that keeps him focused as well. I don't know what will happen next, but I do know that it is up to him. I find myself at times hopeful, at times terrified, and at times very tearful and anxious. I know I need to get to an Al-Anon or Nar-Anon meeting, and need to prioritize that for myself. In the meantime, I will continue to visit this Forum. I have much to learn. You are all so inspirational to me! Thank you!
Yes, mji, thank you for sharing this. Good news on the Sober Living Residence, there are many who would resist that. I am so glad he is going there.
Beth
Old 07-25-2010, 07:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spiritual Seeker View Post
Sounds like he is following directions recommended after inpatient.
Just believe in him, show compassion & love. He is trying to overcome addiction.

He is sick and trying to get well right now. As long as he is trying there is lots of hope.
Welcome! This is an awesome place to find support and advice. Stop holding your breath...exhale and cherish today. Spiritual Seeker's advice is golden. Never miss an opportunity to tell him you love him. Tell him you believe that he can do this! Offer support and compassion but remember that he must do this for himself. And never, never forget to take care of yourself. I will be keeping you and your son in my prayers.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Hi and welcome to the place that will help you breathe !!!
There's alot of smart people in here that can lend an ear and give some really good advice (you don't need to take any just for the record, lol)
I am the mother of a recovering heroin addict. he is 25 now I was going to tell you how long he's been clean but it doesn't really matter. You see the chance of relapse is always there and learning to let go and know it's his life and choice is a process for sure. I am pretty good about his addiction now but there are times!!!! Unfortunately.
Try to keep in mind that you have your own life and you need to live it the best way you can. Read all the post you can on this site and something will hit you that will help you on your way to keeping your sanity.
i don't know what I would have done if I didn't stumble upon this site, it has helped me so much that I wouldn't know where to begin.
Good Luck in your quest for some peace, you'll find it, your not alone.