Uggh....Need Advice Please

Old 07-12-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Uggh....Need Advice Please

Just when I thought exabf was out of sight and out of mind he surprises me yet again!

I asked him on Saturday to come and pick up his car that he has had parked in my development while he recovers. He did, so I thought.

Well, today, I'm driving along and see it parked in another development (a rental community) that is directly across the street from me. I can plainly see it as I'm driving out.

Should I report it to the rental community as an illegally parked car or just leave it be?

A part of me wants to anonymously report it as I know it shouldn't belong there and another part is that I'm so pissed that yet again he would be so brave to just do as he pleases as long as it meets his needs.

Any advice would be helpful.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Anyone have any suggestions??
Old 07-13-2010, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Since you could not control him and his choices, are you going to attempt to control where he parks his car?

Come on now, who cares?

Life is way too short for this sort of thing.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It really isn't your issue. If the car is parked illegally, it will soon be discovered by the development authorities and reported. As long as it's not in your driveway or sitting in front of your house, you really don't need to concern yourself with it.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am reading my alanon bookmark on detachment right now and it says In alanon we learn:not to prevent a crisis if it is in the natural couse of events, and not to create a crisis. I used to love to create a crisis, be in the middle of someone getting what they deserve (in my insane eyes!) or "helping " my AD to hit her bottom.I have learned that by doing that I am only getting in the way of HP, AND putting myself in the position of being judge and jury. Let someone else call, you know they will. Then you can stay true to your detaching and have no role in the outcome. Best of both worlds!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

One thing I am noticing that I tend to do, that only creates more drama for me, is overthink everything. Could there have been a logical reason for his car to be parked there? What if he has a friend in that other community that he was visiting?

Even if he is parked illegally, and even if it is just to mess with you, is he, in the state he's in now, worth you devoting another thought to his childish behavior? You have the upper hand here. You have that big long list of 14 reasons NOT to give in to him. Don't let him win by surrenduring your peace of mind.

What have you done today for yourself?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It's just getting under my skin that he would park it right in plain sight of where he knows I will see it.

Just feels like a slap in the face again. Yeah....why should I care? It's in another development. But I'm really trying to move on from him and to have his car right there in my view is annoying as S. Guess I have to practice not looking over there.

To answer the question if he knows someone in that complex...no he doesn't. But then again....who cares right?

I just hate him and want his proof of existence away from me. That's all.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Let go. The best revenge is a life well lived.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If it was anyone else's car, would you be giving space in your head rent-free to that car?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
If it was anyone else's car, would you be giving space in your head rent-free to that car?
Possibly if it was occupying my spot! LOL.

But in this case it's not in my spot...just someone else's and that someone else can deal with it.