My Second Guessing List

Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face My Second Guessing List

Lately, I have been second guessing my decision to break up with exABF and then I whip out list and read it out loud.

1.) He stole $1700 worth of jewelry from you. He's a thief.
2.) He went to jail off of a parole violation that he never handled and served 6 months. He is irresponsible and a crook and he left you alone those 6 months. Not reliable at all.
3.) He is behind $50,000 in child support, not mine, thank GOD. He sucks as a father and again is irresponsible and has no sense of priorities.
4.) He used drugs in your house and hid his needles. (Found one the other day). He didn't care about me nor my son's safety.
5.) He lies. Not the best person to put my trust in.
6.) He took my car without permission. Again, irresponsible and bordering on theft.
7.) He has Hep C...from sharing needles years ago. Shows he doesn't value himself and could potentially put himself in that situation again and then expose me.
8.) He has no job...lost it during his relapse over a year ago. Shows he's not a good provider or stable. Who would foot the bill? Yep, that's right....u....and I say heck no!
9.) He has a car but doesn't have any insurance on it. Again, irresponsible and illegal.
10.) He has fines to pay to the court....in which he doesn't have a job to pay....so guess who's hunting him down?? Yeah, a criminal.
11.) Did I mention he's an ex-felon?? EX- FELON....which means difficulty getting a job. Which means he can not qualify for college aid to better himself because of his drug charges.
12.) Has been absent more than half of our relationship. Not a dependable man at all. Will disappoint you ALL the time.
13.) Has mood swings and multiple excuses why. Gets very annoying!
14.) Has consulted with a girl in his past who he admitted to having a sexual relationship with and who admitted he contacted "to make you jealous." Now....he's an adult male who acts like a child. Who has time for games?

This is just my list I have hanging up when I get the insane idea that it could possibly work. ExABF asked me for a second chance. I laughed and told him that I have given him at least 14 chances according to my list. How many did he think he deserved.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You go girl! You deserve so much better!
Old 07-12-2010, 05:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I never wrote one out, but I certainly could rattle off MY list of why not to go back to him, whenever I started second-guessing myself, too. Every time I'd think of the good times, I'd say "yeah, but..." and start on my list.

You ARE much better off!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-13-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a great list!

14 chances is about enough in my opinion.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a great list!

14 chances is about enough in my opinion.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good list. Whatever it takes.....

Being $5 behind on child support alone would be a deal breaker for me, if I were considering companionship. Failure to take responsibility for one's children says all I need to know about someone's character.