quick update on my daughter

Old 07-07-2010, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

quick update on my daughter

Well she did go to court, got a continuance for July27. She finally called yesterday fessed up to her crap and begged for rehab. We gave her a local # and told her to call and figure it out. She said she'd let me know today. I didn't expect a call.
Well she called me first thing this morning, got the info and was ready to go. I went and got her and took her to the acessment center. Have to do that and then you can get admitted to the program. She was fully ready to stay and hasn't used in a week. Well they denied her treatment because she is on a anti depressent. Shes been taking it for awhile, she was raped a few yrs back (horrible story) and has been on a low dose ever since.
She was so dissapointed. I brought her back to the house and she wanted to go to a meeting so I took her there.
She is going to go online tomorrow to try find someplace to go that doesn't co$t lots of money. She is hoping to get someplace by the weekend.
Is it possible to kick this without rehab? She has been before when we forced it onto her. The tools are in her head. We are praying for a place to take her, is it possible to be clean without the rehab? She is ready and willing to do this. Pray she stays strong.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't have enough experience to know about how crucial the rehab is, but I do know that statistically speaking, even those who complete residential rehab usually end up using again. So my gut is telling me that if she has the will to stay clean, she will find a way to do that. And it sounds like she already is making great strides towards that.

Perhaps there is an outpatient program she can go to, so they wouldn't have to know about the anti-depressants? At least that would keep her busy during the day
Old 07-07-2010, 11:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been keeping your daughter and you in my thoughts. I'm so happy to hear she's ready for rehab. Out patient would be a good way to go but please, she needs to be honest about every med she is taking. Honesty is a vital part of recovery.

I can understand why there might be a question about the antidepressant as it's harder to diagnose the issues with meds involved.

Love,

Lenina
Old 07-08-2010, 12:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

If she is willing to go inpatient and you can find an affordable one...more intense treatment seems the better way to go. Many do several rehabs before recovery lasts.
Good luck to you.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I lean towards inpatient treatment...people can quit by themselves or by going to NA (that's where my daughters rehab took them 4 nights a week) if they are HIGHLY motivated.But being in the same town, same triggers, makes it so damn easy to relapse. Does she have insurance? I know mine pays for a good portion of rehab....if she really wants sobriety, she may have to just keep going to meetings till something opens up.Still out of your control..we admitted we were powerless. This is all good..remember you can't make her use or not use..that is up to her.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am thinking it would be hard to be around here, small community and yes lots of the triggers around. Still trying, there is a place I found but they will only take her when all her withdrawl symptoms are gone. She used heroin for 6 months and other things before that. Right now she is feeling like she has a bad case of the flu, tummy ache, chills and sweats, body aches. This place can take her tomorrow but she is afraid that she can't fake feeling good. They will make you leave and keep your $$.
Does anyone know how long this will last? Hope its just days but I have no clue. I'm guessing it will get a bit better each day.
She and I also realized today she has a court date for a car sticker thing on the 16 th, we are thinking if shes in rehab that will be taken into consideration with the court. Its the least of our worries. If she can get herself into rehab I really don't care about the court date, but I'm sure the court would care that she was a no show.
We also talked about an intensive out patient program today with her doctor, he made a few phone calls and there isn't anything affordable at all, also it is about an hour and 15 min away and we can't get her there and back on a regular basis. She has no car.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

and no she doesn't have insurance.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I may be overstepping here, but what about a program like Salvation Army? Their website implies that the majority of costs are covered through community support. It is definitely religion based, and I am not trying to imply anything one way or another about her spirituality (although most rehabs implement a 12-step program, which refers to a higher power that is referred to as "higher power," for the sake of encompassing a wide array of divinities). But maybe that would be another place to check out?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

She should be thru withdrawal pretty soon if she's been clean a week. Her doctor should be able to tell you when she's good to go. She still won't feel normal, though.

She's in my thoughts and prayers.