Free to choose

Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
it is what it is

Free to choose

To all the hearts out there that are carrying on each day with courage and hope - there is strength is drawing together and sharing our fears and hurts - thank you for reaching out - your words help me and I pray that something I can share will help you - my son is 27 - he is in jail today and I am thanking God that he is safe and sober right now - there was a day that I would have been mortified to know my son was in jail, but living with this insanity brings a new perspective to life as I know you all have discovered - a friend and I had a Bible study the other night about freedom and captivity- the conclusion after an hour and a half was that the only freedom any of us has is the freedom to choose what we will be in bondage to - I choose to give control of my life to the teachings of God which allows me to walk through this life in peace and humility - I pray everyday that my son will choose to bring his life into the captivity of God and enjoy that same peace - and he is free to make whichever choice he decides for himself - I can't do it for him - I know I can't because I tried so hard that if it were possible that decision would have been made long ago -
Old 07-06-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by litehorse View Post
a friend and I had a Bible study the other night about freedom and captivity- the conclusion after an hour and a half was that the only freedom any of us has is the freedom to choose what we will be in bondage to
Indeed this is so true for me.

I too remember relief the first time I found out my AD was in jail. That was many years ago.

Today she continues to make her choices in active addiction, and I choose to live my life separately from hers, a life that is full, productive, and blessed.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Doesn't it feel so much better than being hostage to someone else's addiction?