Went to visit

Old 06-28-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went to visit

Me and my son went to visit my abf/ my sons father. It was great. He looks good and even is like a completley different person. He is at a faith based rehab facitlity and he is like so much of a better person. He told me he still had a lot of changing to do, and what shocked me the most is that he didn't even try to come home. He said he wanted to stay and keep on changing and getting better. He has 5 more weeks left so i can only imagine the type of guy he will be by then. I know i shouldn't get my hopes up, but the guy i went to see this weekend is def not the guy that went in there. I am so proud of him.

Meanwhile I am feeling really lonely, but my son is keeping me from being so down. He just turned 5 months this past week and is my world. Were doing great and i'm even thinking about giving up the house and moving back home for a little while until i see if me and my abf will really work when he gets out. If so im getting out of this town. So so proud. Things are looking up for me and my son. Thank GOD!!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for all of you!

Have you been doing any recovery work?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You BF is working the steps I guess.. if you do too, there is just that much more understanding between you two. That being said your recovery work should be about YOUR recovery and wouldn't that be awesome for your baby to have 2 healthy, recovering parents.!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes i have ... i feel great, this website has helped alot. The only thing with me that i am still trying to work out is the lonely feeling. I hang out with friends and family alot to try to get rid of it, but it's still there. But were doin good, me and my son. Were like best friends, and maybe i spoil him to much lol.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Whether you stay, or decide to move back home, I highly encourage you to attend Alanon or Naranon.

Relationships are difficult at best when you have one partner actively working a program of recovery, and the other one isn't.

You two have a son in common, and you have nothing to lose by actively working a 12 step program yourself.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You'll never feel alone at meetings. Strength in numbers!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know very well that elated feeling. You're just high, you're so full of hope and love. I wish the very best for your ABF, Sammy.

That emptiness inside can be felt in a crowd of people. I don't know what's at the bottom of it, but I hope you can get to it.