He's At It Again

Old 06-27-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied

He's At It Again

My 36yr old son told me that my addicted son sold his car, telling me and my parents the transmission went. He wants my dad to sign over his older car to him tomorrow. Here I just bought him 2 new tires, not a month ago & my parents paid almost $600 to have the same car fixed 10days ago. I believe they must have put almost $2,000 into that car in the last 4 mts.
When I question my AS about any of this he becomes very angry & threatens me, telling me if I try to throw a monkey wrench into his plans he knows bad people.
I really don't know what to do. I just hung up on him & he keeps calling back but I'm not answering.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For not knowing what to do, you're doing a good job of it. I'm sure he does know bad people but they like to get paid.

Do you have the usual precautions in place for an addict in a desperate place?
Old 06-27-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When I question my AS about any of this he becomes very angry & threatens me, telling me if I try to throw a monkey wrench into his plans he knows bad people.
Stop helping/enabling him, call the police and have a "no contact" put out on him, and just keep yourself safe Rozie. No more money, no more intimidation, just peace ever after.

You know I care and am your friend, but Rozie it's just time to say "enough" and "no more".

How dare he threaten my friend Rozie!

Hugs
Old 06-27-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, you need to make sure you are safe along with your 36 year old son and your parents. No matter how hard it is you need to call the police. Your son is not your son when he is using drugs. He is sounding very desperate.
I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Another hurting MOM.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

He got ya once again. Please stop enabling him, no cars, no TV's in jail, no money, no nothin!

You can't stop your parents, but you can stop you! You've been down this road too many times, let him fall all the way to his bottom, you are not helping him.

Stop the cycle once and for all. No Contact.

You know I care, don't keep doing this to yourself.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rozied, Keep yourself safe. Sending hugs & prayers your way.

Another Mom,
Chris
Old 06-28-2010, 11:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

Ho rozied, You know what to do and you did it. Hanging up on him and not accepting any calls is a good start.Keep that up. He's choosing to contimue with the drug use and if your mom and dad continue to help him~~thats their choice but him threatening you is baloney. I may talk to him one more time to tell him if he continues with threats that you are going to tell the police about this. What a horrible thing to do to you.. s tay strong girl and let your parents in on his latest escapade....big hugs, Bonnie
Old 06-28-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rozied View Post
My 36yr old son told me that my addicted son sold his car, telling me and my parents the transmission went. He wants my dad to sign over his older car to him tomorrow. Here I just bought him 2 new tires, not a month ago & my parents paid almost $600 to have the same car fixed 10days ago. I believe they must have put almost $2,000 into that car in the last 4 mts.
I really don't know what to do. I just hung up on him & he keeps calling back but I'm not answering.
Rozied... to read this just breaks my heart... I hear how much you care.

It really pisses me off that he's treating you like his bank!!! He's a grown man... can he not tend to his life without badgering you?

God love ya sweetie... you're in my prayers... you did the right thing... do not accept his abuse... it just shouldn't be tolerated... I'm with Ann on this... how dare he treat you this way.

He may have "bad friends"... but you have us at SR and you have the "Really BIG Guy" upstairs looking out for ya... I'm leaning toward the "Really BIG Guy".

((hugs))
Old 06-28-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

His addiction is going to say or do anything he can to get his drugs, I agree with the others who mentioned the cops. I would play harder and smarter, when I get pushed I push back. ((((Rosie))))
Old 06-28-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Rozie - how old is your son?

I'm guessing not in his teens.

His behaviour is disgusting.

You protect yourself and your parents - do you know what he is saying to them? Does he threaten them the same?

IMHO - he needs to man up a lot.

At the moment he is a disappointment and he can only change that.

You on the other hand, have been there through so much, you can only hold your head up high. As painful as it is, don't let him drag you down to his level.

xx