I finally read the articels about my brother

Old 06-11-2010, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I finally read the articels about my brother

And i shouldnt have, his mug shot was horrible, you could see the pain and fear in his eyes, I have NEVER in my life seen him look so horrible, I cant believe his addiction got THIS bad!! When reading the articles it states he had a gun but he did NOT have a gun, the police know that, and the man that was robbed knows that but the man that wrote the article said he pulled out a gun and passed a note,,,,,,,there was only a note. I am so upset with this as is the rest of my family, YES what he did was horrible BUT there was not a gun, they are making a very sick kid look like a monster! Would it do me any good to email the man that wrote this artice? would he even care? Those people dont care about the families when writing this stuff, they just want their paycheck!

I saying this is his higher powers way of saving his life, i just wish it didnt go this far, I wish he had reached out for help sooner.

They say the first crime happened on the 16th and he went into detox the 17th, was he trying to avoid trouble, or was that what made him see he needed help? I wish i knew. Then he did it again after being denied help....Also the police officer told me he was an unknown person, they had NEVER seen him or even heard his name.......he hasnt gotten into trouble in about 3 yrs with the law........I think his roomate turned him in, he is also an addict guess he is in recovery hes an older man 52 yrs old and he always told him to straiten up so he doesnt end up like he did, wasting his life away with drugs. The night he got arrested he was packing for detox his roomate left, then cops showed up, so if he was so unknown how else would they of found him? I do know that he needed to be found, he commited these crimes but its just things running through my head.

anyway, i spoke with him yesterday and he is doing ok, praying like he used to do before he relapsed, church like before his relapse, and he is accepting of being there, says he knows he did it and he has to pay the price.

thats it, thanks for reading my little rant
Old 06-11-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Nichole78 View Post
anyway, i spoke with him yesterday and he is doing ok, praying like he used to do before he relapsed, church like before his relapse, and he is accepting of being there, says he knows he did it and he has to pay the price.
Try to concentrate on this part Nicole. Try to remember how he was doing prior to his arrest. He is safe with room and board covered.

Meanwhile you've been spinning in circles trying to figure this all out. This is a perfect time to think about you. What are your plans this weekend?

(((Hugs)))
Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

weekend plans........clean house, work on scrapbook with my son and food shop with my father, play outside with my son......no car so cant do much'

BUT wednesday I have an appt with my sister who is in cosmetology school for a pedicure! 8 bucks! and an eyebrow wax......so that is for ME
Old 06-11-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Nichole))) - I agree with ((Cece)) - keep the focus on YOU.

As far as the gun issue...that's HIS issue. So, he didn't have a gun...I understand it makes him look worse, but what he did was STILL very, very wrong and as a victim of a robbery (twice), he did some major mental damage to the victims. Let it go. He got away with using illegal substances for HOW LONG? He won't be charged with a gun if there wasn't one, so that part will be worked out in court. He's where he needs to be, and that's what matters. We A's need to deal with our consequences if we have any hope of recovery.

Good for you on spending time with your son, the pedicure and the eyebrow wax

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-11-2010, 12:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Nicole,
All is true what Anvil said, although when it happens to someone you remember as being a kid, brother, friend and now they turn into this, it's painful. My little brother went on a 4 year run and I remember asking God to take care of him. Low and behold he caught a 6 year sentence. Thanks God!! He was paroled 3 weeks ago and he's doing this recovery thing and today all is good. Hope your brother has the same experience. God Bless.