Blogs

Notices

obsessing

Old 05-28-2010, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

obsessing

I've been checking the website that lists incarceated people in ohio over and over to see if he's in, where he is, etc. His sister was back on fb and I sent her an email asking if he was in yet. I don't know why it's bugged me so much. I'm also feeling weepy and sad and lonely today. I"m mad because I fixed myself up today, put on makeup, and now all I want to do is cry it all off. I had a horribly uncharitable thought this morning....I thought about all the pain he's caused, all the times he hurt me, all the money he took, the woman he beat, the times he was violent with me, and thought "he's gonna get beat up and raped in prison." it didn't make me sad. What kind of person thinks that way, even for a minute? I think the obsessing is kind of fear...I want to know he's gone, he's not gonna show up begging. ugh.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Careful, your codpendency is showing.

Everyone has unkind thoughts about others from time to time. Acting upon those thoughts or not, is the difference between immatiurity and maturity.

His behaviors/choices have consequences.

We all feel lonely from time to time. Being alone is not the same thing as being lonely. Being alone is anything you want it to be. It's your choice.

If you are concerned about him showing up and begging , have a plan. Do not answer the door. If he persists, call the Police. Do not take calls from him or unknown callers. Take responsibibility for your reactions and outcomes.

No reason to let someone like this back into your life, is there?
Old 05-28-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh no way is he getting back in. I would call the cops if he showed up. It will be such a relief to know that he's under lock and key, I'm safe from him, I'm safe from ME. All I'll have to deal with once he's inside will be writing "return to sender" on his letters.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh I forgot..
Anvil, how do I do the "barricade?" I'm not asking rhetorically like "now I"m gonna tell you all the reasons I can't do it." I'm really interested. Any articles? I don't yet know how.