had a good day

Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

had a good day

put some boxes from the basement into the car and drove them to the house i will soon be sharing with my mother (ugh - but that's another topic)

met someone for coffee, went to mom's house and got a message from an acquaintance who lives a few miles from her. we met at a cute burger joint and got to know one another more. he's not my "type" but has a big heart - he friended me two years ago on myspace, gently laid out a proposition for me after we met (he was recovering from prostate cancer and was seeking "assistance") but i set a boundary, and he has completely respected it. after meeting me one time, he showed up at the hospital when i had major surgery a couple of months later. he's about 20 years sober.

anyway, we shared about being cancer survivors, about being sober and what the steps mean for living a decent life, about turning 50....and i started really appreciating this friend who showed a little more depth that i originally had thought. after he walked me to his car, he said we'd have to do a little motorcycle day trip sometime, and it suddenly sounded so great. i didn't have anyone to take care of, to be disapointed in, to worry about. just another responsible adult and some camaraderie.

i shared with him about my daughter, and her ending up in the emergency room two months ago from alcohol poisoning. he told me he has ocd.

he told me i was a beautiful person. and i believed him.

i went back to my mom's house, turned on some music, did some organizing and house tinkering stuff, and now, back at home, i'm gonna write about
step one for the al-anon meeting i'm giving on monday. i feel calm - i have not have the compulsion to smoke. i feelfull.

it was a good day.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 05-08-2010, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good for you! lets meet for coffee soon my last final is the 10th so maybe the week after? its good to have friends. I just reconnected with one of mine yesterday. It was wonderful.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

friends and community has been my rock

i saw two girlfriends today, and it was great.

meetings help too
Old 05-09-2010, 03:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

coffeedrinker...That really WAS a good day. I'm happy for you. I hope you have lots of 'great days' in store.

Hugs...
Old 05-09-2010, 04:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's not a good day -- that's an AWESOME day!! Yay!!