found about 200 stimulants/pain killers

Old 05-01-2010, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
anamaria

found about 200 stimulants/pain killers

My husband has been hiding them in a tums bottle.
My question is this:
Yes Narnanon could help, but my husband is not religion and may not relate the the 12 steps.
Any suggestions....
Old 05-01-2010, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Naranon would be for you, not him. Naranon is for loved ones of addicts.

What can you do to improve your life? He's going to do what he's going to do, including hiding his drugs in a tums bottle.

Are you open to help for yourself?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you're ready anamarie, there is help for you to take back control of your life from his drug use. Whether you stay, leave, send him out, or whatever, YOU can make your life better if you want to. The only one who can improve his life and take back his life from drugs is him.

NARANON is not about religion, it's not about prayer, and it's not about forming beliefs you don't have. It's about taking what you need to better your life and leaving the rest. A higher power is anything you want it to be....God, Fate, the Universe, mysterious forces, the alignment of stars creating the circumstances....anything.

You've landed where you are and who you're with for whatever cosmic reasons. NARANON will help you find a better way to cope.

Time to forget about where he's hiding his pills....hell, he can line them up on the kitchen table like little ants, it makes no matter. Your focus needs to be on you.

Peace,

Alice
Old 05-01-2010, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

anamaria,

when you ask if naranon could help (and I understand that you probably mean narcotics anonymous) what do you mean by that? is he saying that he needs help?
Old 05-02-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by anamaria View Post
My husband has been hiding them in a tums bottle.
My question is this:
Yes Narnanon could help, but my husband is not religion and may not relate the the 12 steps.
Any suggestions....
I remember the first time I found my AH's drugs, I felt like I had been sucker punched in the gut.. it turned my world upside down and changed the entire dynamics of my marriage. Not a fun place to be in.

I ran around in crazy circles for a while, trying to figure out ways to help him.. I think all of us here did that at first.

Yes, Naranon can help. It can help YOU! Like someone else said, you don't have to subscribe to any kind of religion for the 12 steps to be benificial to you. What you get out of Naranon is what you put into it.

As for your AH, there is Narcotics Anonymous (NA), but it will only be of help to him if and when he is ready to get sober. He has to want to go on his own, and he has to be willing to do whatever it takes to get sober. Again, You can totaly take religion out of the equation and still work the steps.

I don't know your whole story, is this the first time you have discovered drugs or has there been other instances in the past? My suggestion would be to take care of YOU! Naranon or Alanon would be a great place to start. You don't have to do everything at once and the first few times you attend you don't even need to speak. Just being around other people that have been where you are at and who are experiencing the things that you are going through right now will help calm the inner chaos that you are feeling right now.