My AD is 30 days clean!

Old 04-30-2010, 11:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My AD is 30 days clean!

It has been a long, long time since I posted here. I see a few names I recognize, still. Just wasn't finding much hope around here so I stopped coming around. I found it in myself though. Hope & faith that a Higher P. could get even my AD clean kept me going and allowed me to keep the focus on me.

Well, anyway, she is clean 30 days yesterday. she has never had even close to that much time clean before now. She is very, very willing, and seems to be using all the tools.

For the past 18 months or so, I have been doing pretty well and every time I got a negative thought about my AD, I affirmed that God is loving, caring, and greater than me, her, and greater than the disease of addiction, too. Then i prayed, immediately for God to protect her from death or severe irreversible harm, and to lead her into recovery instead. Got to be a real habit to spend no more than a second or two in fear before I changed it to faith. I know this is not the usual way people here get thru stuff. But it worked for me. Without hope & faith I could not have moved on with my day and functioned. With those, I had very productive, peaceful days for the most part.

Now, I get to watch God show off, as my RAD gets 'it'.

Now, I get to call her a RAD; imagine that! BTW, her HIV is well-controlled by medication in spite of her non-compliance during her addiction.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Sleepygoat)))

OMG, I am SOOOOO happy for both of you!!! I have missed you, and this is just awesome news.

I understand the way you are dealing with things. I don't say "official" prayers, but I speak with God many, many times a day. I think the beauty of recovery (both addiction AND codependency), as well as life is that we can find what works for us. It may or may not be anyone else's "thing" but I've picked up bits and pieces from a lot of people here.

Thank you, so much, for coming back to share the good news!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-01-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting. I'm so happy for you and for your daughter. I wish you both well.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How wonderful! So happy for both of you!
Old 05-01-2010, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Wink

(((Sleepygoat))) Yea you have a RAD !!!!!
Hope is always out there...it is us that must be patient and optimistic. Sometimes we lose hope for days, months or even yrs. But we have it in us to be hopeful as a choice.

I remember what a struggle you have had; I am delighted that your chance to be in a happy place as a mother is here. You have been to the depths of despair and worked your way back up. Maybe now you can know serenity w/o dreadful fear + sadness being just a thought away.

May your daughter embrace recovery and find peace and meaning in her life.
Hopefully your relationship with her will be close or improving as you desire.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Sleepy)))) you have made my day!!! From fear to faith...a simple concept but not always so simple to remember to apply. I'm thrilled that it has become habit for you and the benefits are so clear in your life. Congrats to you on your recovery and to your RAD...Wow, I'm truly so thrilled to read your post!
Old 05-01-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You have made my day too, and I am so happy for both of you.

Each time I hear of someone getting clean it rekindles my candle of hope and makes my heart happy.

Big proud hugs