Akward situation...

Old 04-28-2010, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Akward situation...

So when things first started gettig bad with my addict boyfriend we broke for a couple of weeks then got back together and had been back together for several months before I finally convinced him to get get help. (which was a two weeks ago.) I havnt seen or heard from him since he's gone to rehab. Last week I found out wile we were broken up he had gotten high then had sex with another girl. I relise it wasn't cheating, we were broken up and at that point he was so down and out that nothing mattered to him anymore. I shouldn't feel bad for myself. I should feel bad for her, he used her for sex then never spoke to her again and has called her a ****. So why dose it still bother me?
To make it worse since I found that out I've been seeing this girl EVERYWHERE!! I have a class with her everyother day and that usually the only time I eve saw her. But now she is seriously everywhere I go. When ever I see her I get all these aweful negative feelings like, anger, hurt, jeliousy. And I just want to hit her. I realy don't want to feel this way, especially after eveything eles that's happen. How do I make it go away?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinkPixie View Post
I should feel bad for her, he used her for sex then never spoke to her again and has called her a ****. So why dose it still bother me?
This just rubs me entirely the wrong way. He had sex with her.. then called her a *****

and, what exactly do you see in him?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think it still bothers you because it was a messed up thing for him to do and he hasn't tried to make up for it. And, is it possible you're identifying with her? That maybe you see you in her and being mad at her is actually a form of you being mad at yourself?

Or since she's there, and you keep seeing her, and he's not, and you haven't seen him, maybe you feel upset toward her so you don't have to feel upset at him?

Are you sure that things went down between the two of them the way you described? It's completely messed up -- YOU ARE CORRECT TO FEEL HOW YOU FEEL. I would feel the same way, and I think just the fact that you're aware of how you're feeling and are challenging yourself to feel differently means you really are seeing this from the right point of view -- it takes time to get over that hurt, but that you know you HAVE to get over the hurt doesn't mean that the hurt isn't something you should be feeling.