26 days..

Old 04-25-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

26 days..

so yesterday i went to visit my boyfriend. hes been in rehab for 26 days its going really good. he told me he's president his group. a couple people that work at the rehab love him. they even came up to me to tell me hes doin well and such a good person. they love him so much he might even get a job at the rehab when he gets into the halfway house.
the only thing that bothered me was that he said he snuck food into his room and he got in trouble because they said those little things can lead to relapse when he gets out. Also, he said hes guna go home right wen he gets into the halfway house to hang out with me. the halfway house makes you come home at 6 oclock and lets u have visitors on sundays. his mother told him she doesnt want him home but he said he just wants to come home to see his dog and needs clothes.his roomate took all his clothes wen he finished the program. hopefully hes not lying to have an excuse to come home and talk to the wrong people. .
Old 04-25-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it's tough to not worry. but projecting what may or may not be going on doesn't help. so if you can not do that, it'd be good.

when i read through, my thought was that he doesn't want to follow all the rules. i am only reading a little piece of something, and it's through your writing, but...i don't read "lying to talk to the wrong people" in this. it's classic for the addict to not want to follow the rules - it's one of the reasons they have them in the first place. to surrender your will entirely is really difficult. and one of the reasons he's where's he's at, is because of it. honesty is also something that has been missing, and i think it often takes some time to get all the way there. hopefully he'll continue to grow and learn, and things will fall into place.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coffeedrinker View Post
honesty is also something that has been missing, and i think it often takes some time to get all the way there. hopefully he'll continue to grow and learn, and things will fall into place.
I agree with coffeedrinker... it takes some time to break their "old habits". My STBexAH did great in rehab too, well loved, and was a leader too, yet would still break little rules.

Set some boundaries to protect "you". Try to Let go and let God... the success of his recovery is entirely up to him... watch his actions, not his words. Keep praying for him to work his recovery. Also, keep reading and posting here. That really helped to keep me sane though some dark times. (((HUGS)))
Old 04-25-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you!! yes this forum is helping me alot. my family and friends judge me because of him. but im here for him because i love him and i know that its hard physically and mentally. i wanna be a positive person by his side and hope to god he does the right thing