Anybody break up with a pothead?

Old 05-06-2010, 12:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If he is growing that should be an absolute deal breaker and if I were you in your shoes I would feel little remorse about leaving such an individual. Growing pot is not just illegal, and could land him SERIOUS time in a federal hotel, but it illustrates the obsession that he has with the substance and the lengths that he is willing to go to to get it. To me there is no difference between someone who is growing pot in their basement and someone who is cruising around a crack neighborhood at 3am looking for a score.
I also agree with Jenny1232 - every pothead I have ever met has been a total loser. That is why they are doing a drug in the first place - to escape from reality. I am grateful that today I do not have to waste my precious time around people who choose to do any drugs, legal or illegal, on 4/20 or any other day of the year.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

As an x/pothead I think the person stops maturing and stops having goals or getting anything accomplished. And I have heard pot has 50 kinds of tar in it so eventually that will hurt the lungs. I was cross addicted. 1 was too many and 50 was not enough of anything.......legal or illegal.........by the grace of God go I.......and after my divorce from my XAH who continued to use after I found recovery, I see I was codependent (addicted to him).......whew.......wears you out.......but not anymore......I'm good just for today.......
Old 05-08-2010, 08:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

thanks everyone for the insight makes me feel a whole lot better
Old 07-02-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The cons def. outweigh the pros.

Okay, so my ex girlfriend and I just broke up because she decided that smoking pot all day is much more important than having a meaningful and healthy relationship. When we first started dating, I would occasionally smoke with her and she seemed to really enjoy being with me. Whenever I bought weed, I would always give her some or share it when we smoked. I knew she liked to smoke weed more than I did but I really did not have a problem with it. I tried to do other activities that did not require getting high and she always told me that she could have fun without being high. All her friends were pretty much huge potheads and they were all very stupid and immature. I thought that my ex girlfriend was different from them because she acted a lot more mature about things. Well, I don't know how I missed it, but I realize she is a weed fiend who becomes a completely different person when she isn't smoking weed or high. She becomes very irritable, paranoid, unstable, and emotionally immature. She would tell me one thing, but do something completely different, and I feel pretty much used for weed and security. When I told her that I could no longer smoke weed because I would be drug tested due to my career choice in Criminal Justice, she basically decided I was not worth being with anymore. She would lie about how much she smoked when she was with her friends and seemed very secretive about her addiction. Later, I found out that she basically lied straight to my face about certain events and I even confronted her about it. I asked her in a very non confrontational manner, if there was anything she wanted to tell me. She kept insisting that she was being honest and that she would never lie to me. I knew something was up and I gave her many opportunities to tell me the truth but she never did. We had become very close in the past 9 months of dating, but I honestly don't feel like she was sincere with her feelings when I was with mine. She preferred to be with someone who was also a huge pothead and could give her all the free weed she craved. I tried my best to be a good boyfriend and always paid for her whenever we went out. I would always communicate my feelings and would always listen to how she felt when she was upset. The person she is with now is a complete loser who does nothing but smokes all the time with his pothead friends. The only thing he can give her that I cant, or not willing to do, is support her pot addiction. I am heartbroken from this turn of events because I thought I meant more to her than just weed. I will never date anyone who puts an addiction over a good, loving, healthy relationship ever again.

"Weed just amplifies traits such as greedyness, laziness, immature humour, and inconsiderateness, and discourages real, thoughtful insight, consideration, and empathy. "
Old 07-02-2010, 05:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The cough! That disgusting couch. He always knew how much I hated it, but still did it anyway and then would lie about it "I haven't had any" I am not that dumb to not know when you are stoned you stupid, stupid man.