so far so good...

Old 04-17-2010, 09:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so far so good...

my boyfriend is almost done with in patient rehab he decided its time to do something about it because he violated probation and has 3 theft charges. its crazy how many things he did to me ..the stealing manipulating and lies he told me he finally admitted wen i saw him at rehab.he told me the truth face to face.im scared he'll relapse

hes almost completed a month in rehab and after that hes goin to a halfway house for 3 months and then a three quarter house for 9 months

i hope hes gunna stick to what he says
After rehab what are some things to do if he gets cravings... i told him i would join the gym if he wants.. im thinkin maybe he should get a sponsor.. he told me hes guna do meetings as much as he can, get a job. what else is there to do to keep himself occupied?

- hopeforhim <3
Old 04-17-2010, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hope for him -

If you want to be of the maximum help - finr yourself an alanon group in your area.

go to meetings.
listen to the suggestions.

I say this because there's nothing YOU can do.
All f it - all of sobriety or all of relapse - is up to him.

how YOU deal with HIS decisions - appears to be the matter at hand for you personally.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i thought he was, but if he stays longer this rehab makes you pay rent there if you stay longer than 28 days. but he got accepted to the halfway house for 3 months and a three quarter house for 9months.
i actually asked to join a gym with him idk if that was a good idea but i figured its something we can do together. he told me before he left he thinks it would be better to occupy himself.
yes, he said he wants to work on himself and also wants to be able to take care of me when he gets better. bc i was always the one there for him and dealing with his lies and sometimes he would even get mad for no reason (because he was hurtin) and i wasnt gunna deal with that anymore.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Make up a list of all the things you think he might do to stay clean, then turn it around on yourself. Do what you wish he would do or the equivalent of it.

He's being given tools by people who know what it takes, and he'll learn more as he goes along if he's willing. He is working some kind of program because he has a problem and he knows it. Whether he accepts what is offered is 100% up to him.

It's in their best interests and ours if we stay out of their disease and recovery. I was told to "Wait for the question" by the counselors at my daughter's rehab. She was told to "ask for help." Your boyfriend is being told the same thing.

Do you have boundaries?

Learn everything you can about addiction, read all the stickies at the top of the forum page and other stories here. There's a lot of ES&H (experience, strength and hope)