Update......and leaving for Mass today

Old 04-16-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update......and leaving for Mass today

My son and i are going to Massachusetts today to visit my mom and all my friends, and will also see my brother on sunday i believe. he is still clean 17 days and has a job lead, he will know today if he has the job! Living in a house with severe active addicts is making him open his eyes and see what he is like when he is using and he says its disguisting to him! 2 days ago one roomate says to him as hes leaving ..."hey can u help me get my vein before you leave, i cant get it" my brother says who the f do u think i am, im staying clean and slammed door shut. I was on the phone when it happened and i have to say im proud of him. He has been seeing this constant while trying to stay clean and he has not touched it! He is very strong i told him, he just says he knows what he wants and that life isnt what he wants! He did say its very hard to stay clean living there and he has felt like using but he just went to the gym or a meeting and he felt better. Now, those 2 guys are completely out of money so im guessing they are going to be REALLY sick today! Unless they do something illegal, which could happen. They blew through 1500.00 in 4 days between 2 of them that is ALOT so they are going to be SICK! So ive learned how strong my brother really is, and he CAN do this, I have faith and ive been praying! Hopefully he gets this job and can get out of there and into a rooming house or find a roomate, that way he is less tempted.

I will try to get online at my moms house and update you on my visit with him, I am taking him out to dinner.........

I will admit i still feel scared when he doesnt answer a text or a call but its less scared than when he was using, and i am calling less also

Thanks everyone, all of you will be in my thoughts while im gone for the week!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Keeping your brother in my prayers, Nicole, and I hope you have a wonderful trip.

I know it may be hard for your brother, but if he wants it, he will get it (recovery) no matter what the obstacles may be. I've seen that happen too many times to not believe it.

Hugs to both of you.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

have a safe trip. enjoy your time with your son!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you.......we have plans for just about every day that we are gone its gonna be great!
Old 04-17-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hope the trip is everything you wish it to be.

glad your bro is hangin tough.