over & over

Old 04-14-2010, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

over & over

The first time I caught my brother with meth was 8 years ago when he borrowed my truck, he left his little tube of it in teh seat, and he had my 3 yr old wiht him that day. the last time was a week ago when I walked into my rent house where he is styin & cught him red handed bout to fire up a light bulb full of meth. I burst into the house faster thn the DEA. How can some one disrespect you so much after all you hve done for them. He lives in my house for free I pay all the bills, he has gotten fired from the last 4 jobs he had, he says he quit but ppl talk and i was not born yesterdy. I tried to help him and only moved him onto my house so he could hve a place for his kids when he gets to see them and to keep him close to me (7 blks form my own house)

Do I love him.....yes
do I trust him, respect him.....no, he hs destroyed all that

he was to go to rehab, he called me 3 weeks ago said find me a rehab center, i took off work took him to the Dr and he finds reasons not to commit to going, this time it is because he got a job offer with teh Gov't, he accussed me of tossing out his 'pee' bag said he needed it to pass his drug test. i wnt nothing more than to tell him to get out of my house, but the moment I do i will hve to deal with teh rest of my fmily on how he needs help, but when is enough enough???? You can only do so much for soemone then it starts to affect you in wys you cnt handle.

my dad is a retired paroel investigator so he sees where lil bro is headed, mom believes anything her son tells her, she thinks all he needs is a good job and all will be fine.

he hs been using for 12 yrs, hiding it pretty well from everyone. claims to be social meth user, tell me no more lies, you can NOT be a socil user for 12 yrs. smokes pot daily and blmes the soon to be ex wife for his using, says she mkes him angry and brings him down then he feels 'better 'hen he is high. but the problems r still there, cant get him to understand that.

thnks to all who read this, i appreciate being able to vent & not be scared of what ppl may think.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by concernedsis1 View Post
i wnt nothing more than to tell him to get out of my house, but the moment I do i will hve to deal with teh rest of my fmily on how he needs help, but when is enough enough????
Which one freaks you out worse:

Letting him stay in your house or dealing with your family?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You've done enough. You tried to help him and he has virtually spit in your face. Knowing everything you know now, to continue to allow him to live there would be enabling him. You don't owe your family any explanations. If they want to take him in, let them. You have done enough.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

From my experience with a meth user....they don't get clean until they WANT to get clean. Meth is a very powerful drug and takes over the mind. It literally takes over their every thought. The only thing they think about is using meth, how they will get it next and the next high. Period...

It sounds like you have done everything you can for him and he just is not ready to help himself. Let him fall or let your family enable him now. My ex ABF was and still is a meth user. He lost everything and still uses. It is a very hard drug to get clean from.

The best thing to do for him is let him go and figure out his life himself and be an adult. He may fall and hit bottom and he may not but that is not your problem to be concerned with and I know that is hard to do. But it truly is the best thing for you to do for him.

Good luck and keep reading on here and posting.