back to rehab

Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back to rehab

ad is going to be siting in jail until a bed is available for a 3-4 month rehab center. It will be in the women's prison! Her probation could have been revoked but P.O. decided to offer her the rehab if she would have turned it down, PO scared her with the thought of revoking probation which would have resulted prison for 5 yrs. She wrote her daughter and told her she would rather be in prison cuz you can at least be outside! i often think whatacould have been if she would have never picked up that joint at the age of 12, then cocaine and now doc is crack at 35 yrs. old. My gd told me tonite all the things her mom told her about her life, including sex at age 12 and all the other horrible things she did as a teen. Hopefully if she gets herself clean, she will also learn how to parent!!!! I hope it works this time for her but I no longer believe that "this will be the time" Love to all, you're great!!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Katie,

Sounds like your AD will be coming down hard in the next week or so. She's probably going to sound pretty angry until she comes to terms with her new living situation. Now might be a good time to rethink your boundries re: contact with the kids in your care. Or make a suggestion to their caregiver. You can always save the letters and distribute them later.

I posted this on the gratitude list but maybe I'll just stick it in here:

I was just numb

Until I came here and was reminded to feel gratitude.

Today I am grateful to a Judge I've never seen.

Every day brings something new. While I struggle with my AD's expiration of health care benefits next week, some local judge has offered a small reprieve.

One night my daughter called a taxi to take her to the emergency room and had no money for the fare. The taxi driver filed a complaint and she went to court yesterday. The judge offered her a choice of time in jail or an extended period of time in the SMART recovery program overseen locally by her current health care provider. She took the SMART recovery! She even seemed pleasantly anxious about it all. I'm not sure if it's 3 months or 6 months but she's in there! Court ordered once again and there's nothing the insurance company can do to deny her care.

This is small in comparison to this morning's struggle with the health care provider and I just couldn't feel anything but numb. I know it's a big help and I'm feeling better about it by the minute.

I'm so grateful that someone is using common sense in providing my AD with an opprortunity of recovery.

And I'm so grateful to this 12 step program for giving me the tools to deal with it all.

Time for prayers of gratitude to my higher power.

CB
Old 04-16-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

CB, that really touched my heart today.

Katie, your daughter remains in my prayers and already I can see her HP working in her life. She has "opportunity" to change, to grow and to find recovery. The rest is between her and God.

Jail, sometimes, is one of God's strangely wrapped gifts, I pray that it will be for her too.

Hugs
Old 04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Katie, oh my ...mom support to you !!!!! Maybe the bottom is near.