She's here!

Old 04-08-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She's here!

I mean the great-grandaughter that is. No baby, and no mamma!

We had all arrangements in place and we're suppose to pick them up week end before last; however, she said she couldn't come with us on the weekend because she had to bring back POS papers to court. She filed physical custody papers for baby boy, got baby back from father, and we were all set.

I told GD do not leave paternal grandmother's house. Then father of 3 year old comes to his mom's house and finds her there! Argument insues he hits her, mother calls police. All settles down although she tells me she is leaving there next day just to see her mom (bad news mom) 'cause she wants to see children before GD leaves. I said, ok, but be back today and then stay there till we can pick you up Mon.

Naturally, she didn't come back but left 3 year old with paternal GM. Took baby and during a visit with the baby's dad, decided to leave him there. OMG, she just got custody back! Then guess she took off with girlfriend and stayed away for a day. Came back wanting baby, Dad said no, cops arrive, baby is given back to GD. Big argument insues once again!!

I begin searching everywhere for her to no avail. Finally after 5 days she calls and says she'll be at meeting place! Everyone is calling me every 5 minutes telling me the horror stories (just like my son) she looks terrible, she's using, she can't hold her head up, etc.

Now I tell her before she can come here she has to go for drug test. If she is clean, she can still come here, if she is not, she cannot! She got angry started striking out at me. Said she would rather see children in foster home than with us, etc., tried pushing all the buttons, didn't work.

Long story short, we have the little girl. She is cute as a button, but WOW, what a temper!! She is adjusting very well, however, wakes during the night crying. Three nights, three times a night! OMG! Can't comfort her in any way. She has temper tantrums if I try! Last night I let her just cry. I felt terrible. Didn't go in the room at all. When she stopped I came in the room and asked if she was better. She said yes, and went to sleep.

Oh guys, I am so tired already. The park is about to kill me! I would love to post a photo of her if I can, but that'll take time since I never remember how to do it.

My son has decided to go into a program. He is hoping parole will help him. He has a live-in program that he has spoken to already, but needs paroles help to get in. New parole officer says she thinks all she can do is send him to San Quentin for 90 days instead! How dumb is that!! He hasn't done anything wrong, but knows he is falling back. I'm praying he can get parole's help. Wish he still had the other parole officer. You know, the one that was crazy for me! LOL

Ok, better go, 'cause the big hand is on the 4 and the little hand is on the 20!
LOL

Hugs Devastated
Old 04-08-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

With continued admiration ....
Prayers for you and your family just sent
Old 04-08-2010, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow Dev! Just wow. I am tired just reading this. Bless you for being there for that little one. She'll settle in; it must be hard making all these adjustments...Hard for both of you! Hope you can get some rest soon - Nap when she is napping! You've got my utmost admiration as well!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How old is she Dev?

She sounds like a handful but I dunno. Youre so blessed really. Babies are such a blessing. I'm sure it's hard.

My mom has nearly full custody of my brothers little girl. She has had her since she was just about 2. That little one had seen a lot by two years old. Too much heart ache. She was a wild screaming spitting little monster when my mom got her. It took a long time but what really worked for her was sticking to a serious schedule. Predictability. Stability. It really helped the little one. She's 5 now and in kindergarten. she still has some pretty bad outbursts but for the most part she's a very well adjusted, sweet, strong-willed little survivor. She's doing well in school. We were really concerned for her but it's amazing how a stable environment can help bring them around. They just need to know that someone is going to love them no matter what.

Post more! I wanna hear how things are going.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Dev)))

You are an angel to go through what you go through, and that little girl is blessed to have you.

It's better this girl acted out "before" she came to live with you. Yikes, what a mess that could have been. She's too much for you, Dev, I think. It's not my business but I think you have enough on your plate without dealing with someone as irresponsible as her.

I'm glad your son is reaching out and hope something good becomes available to him soon.

Big hugs to you and Mr. Dev. Love you lots.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Whew! I'm tired just reading your post, also. However, I know this is how you wanted things to play out, so I am really happy for you.

Take naps EVERY time she does. You're gonna need them.

Hugs and prayers
Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Could the little one be having night terrors? My 2 year old has them and is completely inconsolable until she is fully awake. There is lots of info online about kids with night terrors (how to help them at night, what to do/what not to do, etc.). Good luck - hope everyone gets some rest soon!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Devastated, good to hear you story. little kids always bring joy. now you better change your username from devastated to Joyful
Goodluck with the kid..
Old 04-10-2010, 02:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

dev,

just prayed for you, your family and the little girl.

hope peace and stability settles in soon.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone:

Just found a moment to get on the computer. YES! Life is settling down for Trinity. She has sleep clear through the night for the past two nights. Is starting to obey and is having far less temper tantrums! She is really a good little girl. Doesn't go searching through drawers or cabinets! (Guess they didn't have kitchens in the motels she grew up in!)

Getting her on a schedule. Worked great all day yesterday. Now working on the potty training (after all, she will be 3 in May!) No one took the time I guess.

Ann, you're right about the GD. There is no way I would put up with her nonsense. I've come a long way and am not going down that road again! She is trouble, big trouble right now. Hope she straightens out her life before I die.

Social worker wants us to adopt Trinity, but I don't know about that because we are so old! She says we have to agree to raise her to 18! What a laugh. I told her fine with me but she'll have to have it cleared with the Big Guy upstairs. Let's see that would mean I would live until I was 85. Hmmm?

Hello-Kitty, Yep, same with this little one. She was spitting too and when Mr. Dev started doing it too, she really didn't like it. Now she has stopped that too.

This child eats like there is no tomorrow. She had two bar-b-cue'd chicken legs, peas, and pasta for dinner. I swear she ate more than we did.

Well, thanks all for the prayers and encouragement, God knows I need it. My back hurts so much I could hardly roll out of bed this morning.

Oh, by the way Kelsey (kitty) is doing really well with her, but Gino is still afraid. She is very gentle with Kelsey. Gino doesn't get that close.

Ok, better run. She is sitting here playing. She counts to 10. Is that good? She is like a little sponge!

Hugs, Devastated

Old 04-10-2010, 01:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Dev))) - she is beautiful, but then that doesn't surprise me...she's a part of you! I'm glad that she has you and Mr. Dev in her life, and that gd acted out before she got to your house.

Keeping you all in my prayers!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-10-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Just wated to say I think you are amazing for taking in that beautiful little girl.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

She is just precious, Dev.

I love how Mr. Dev is into the training as well...he is just a sweetie and blessed to have two women in his life now.

Big hugs and Lotsa Love
Old 04-10-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What a pretty little face she has. Wish I could adopt her. :-) Andrew needs a baby sister.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Dev))

Bless You. When I was 5, I had already seen and experienced more than most adults would in their lifetime. Horrible things that still haunt me to this day. My grandma was 72 then and she took me in along with my sister. Grandma didn't even have a car and only $200 a month SS check. But she still took us. She had to deal with a paranoid schisophrinic (my mom) popping in every now and then, but grandma still kept us. She would fight with our dad (her son) over us and still she kept us.

She saved our lives, litterally. That 72 year old woman gave me my one and only chance at life. Because of her, I am who I am today.

So from that little girl inside of me, thank you so much for what you are doing. It makes me choke up with good tears.

God Bless you and Mr. Dev.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Frankly, as always you just touch my heart. Thank you for sharing that.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you Frankly, you made realize that we did the right thing. Mr. Dev said "if we could make the difference in this baby's life, that would be great!"
I'm afraid of what is going to happen to her after we're gone though!

Hello-Kitty, maybe you could be plan B huh?

She really is a sweet little girl. No temper tantrums at all yesterday, or so far today!

Did I tell you that my nephew's "princess" wife had nothing but terrible things to say about all this. You know why? Because they don't have a place to call their "get away" anymore.

She is just terrible! Had just horrible things to say. She has two children that are 7 and 4. The little girl is already "jaded" and the boy is a terror!
Her theory is if you are 30 years old and don't own your own home, you're a LOSER!

Takes all kinds doesn't it?

Hugs, Devastated
Old 04-11-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

She sounds like a real treat Dev. Maybe you could use her as a bad example and someone you can teach dear Trinity to NOT be like when they grow up.

I just see blessings written all over this. Blessings usually flow both ways.

Big Hugs from Auntie Ann
Old 04-11-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Auntie Ann:

This I will do for sure! I cannot even imagine being that hateful. Must be nice to have everything in your life go just as you plan. No heartaches, no problems! Hmmm? I wonder what happens if a problem arises? How are you able to handle it never having practice. Hmmmm?

Mr. Dev has been entertaining Trinity all day with just a piece of dough from the bread he made today. God love him!

Hugs, Devastated