Update on the situation

Old 04-06-2010, 12:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm sad for your little girl that she saw him. That must have been distressing for her.

You have a PFA. You set a boundary. Enforcing your boundaries is not controlling. If someone violates a PFA reporting them to the police is the natural consequence for that action.

You do what's wise for your children and for your safety. You can't go wrong with that.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
On a tear

Hi Jewell,

It helped me to look at MY recovery the way I looked at the addict's recovery. If I wanted THEM to go to meetings several times a week, read the literature, get a sponsor and work the 12 steps...then why didn't I? My excuses sounded VERY much like theirs! Not enough time...don't want to have to talk to strangers.... what do they know that I can't figure out on my own... and on and on.

Try working your program like you would want him to work his.

Because, in the long run, we are as addicted to the addict as the addict is addicted to his or her drugs.

((hugs))
Old 04-07-2010, 04:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

quote of the week

Originally Posted by BigSis View Post

Try working your program like you would want him to work his.

yep.

jewell,

i too see control issues laced all over your posts. don't have your feelings hurt; we have ALL been there. (some of us still are)

too much energy is being invested in the whys of him doing that drive. i know he didn't know your children were right there, but given that they were, it was incredibly cruel. he is completely out of touch. his specific motivation doesn't matter - it was something that was just messed up. it's probably a power thing. he knows what effect he has on you.

and he needs to know you mean business. it should be about protecting you and your children, not about getting him to anything.

how's it going today?