just a note of thanks

Old 04-01-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just a note of thanks

Hello to all. i just want to let all of you know how much I appreciated your words of wisdom and kindness. i didn't post much but did alot of reading. i learned so much from others and the feeling of "all alone" was replaced with people who understood the pain. I've come along way but know there is always room for improvement. My ad is back to using and avoids coming around, but I'm ok with it now. I no longer sit by my phone praying for it to ring or wanting to call with some crazy excuse just to hear her voice. I know long er fall apart when she gets angry at me. And best of all I have been able to say NO without guilt. It has gotten harder to remember the good days before crack. It kind of reminds me of a "first lost love" as time goes on the pain becomes less. There was a time when i spent my days crying and nights praying. I look back now and see how sick I had become by putting all my energy into the life of an addict. With sincere thanks and love.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I know it's been a long road to get even this far, Katie, but I promise you that it continues to get better as we go.

You daughter is in my prayers, I believe there is hope for even the most hopeless addict...but I learned that the hope doesn't lie with me, it's in bigger hands than mine.

A dear friend here at SR just celebrated 3 years recovery, and he reminded me that there is always hope.

That said, this is a lovely Easter weekend, so let's you and I enjoy the sunshine, maybe take a walk and enjoy the nature too. It's much too nice to waste on anything we can't change.

Hugs from one mama to another.