Ray of sunshine...

Old 03-29-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Ray of sunshine...

I received a check from my Insurance company today... it wasn't a large check.. but money coming back is money coming in....

My recent divorce from AH prompted me to deliver divorce decree to my Insurance Agent to have AH's name removed from homeowners policy (he was not on deed but had to be listed because he resided there). I also had exAH's name removed from vehicle insurance...

I added earthquake insurance and removed ex's name and still got a nice overpayment refund!

I called the agent to make sure it was correct... he said "yes... because your exH had such terrible credit... it impacted the cost of your insurance... since he's not on your insurance anymore it will cost less....even after adding earthquake insurance!".

I called my dad and shared the good news... he said... you got rid of one earthquake and got insurance for another....

Thank you God for this ray of sunshine today.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I like your dad

I think when our lives get better, it happens in small increments...like getting an insurance rebate.

Thank you for my daily smile...well thank your dad too.

Hugs
Old 03-29-2010, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Looking for that sunshine to start heading my way hammerhead! It's coming, I know it. I suspect the same thing will happen with me. My AH has awful credit too. Divorce is still not final so I can't start that process with insurances etc.

you got rid of one earthquake and got insurance for another Love it!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I like your dad

I think when our lives get better, it happens in small increments...like getting an insurance rebate.

Thank you for my daily smile...well thank your dad too.

Hugs
I laughed out loud when my dad said that....

My dad's been wonderful to me.... very supportive and helped me understand that this was my path and that with God, faith and prayer I'd make it thru.... he was right.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Looking for that sunshine to start heading my way hammerhead! It's coming, I know it. I suspect the same thing will happen with me. My AH has awful credit too. Divorce is still not final so I can't start that process with insurances etc.

you got rid of one earthquake and got insurance for another Love it!
Callie it will come for you when it's time.

It is amazing how much impact (beyond the emotional crap) our significant other has had in our lives and it's nice to have my world back within my sphere of influence.... I've worked darn hard to have good credit and I'm reaping the benefit of my hard work... and I'm grateful for it.