Told my sons the truth about their dad

Old 03-29-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Told my sons the truth about their dad

Hello to all.

I told my sons on Saturday the reason why their dad is not around anymore. My older son just said "I figured it was just a matter of time" and my younger son is really mad said "Is he f'in stupid?" I just shook my head and said I didnt know what was in his dad's mind when he committed a forgery.

He knows we are going to be okay, the major part of my anxiety is getting back to not depending on the money the ex was giving me. I'm worried about April's house payment and that is the largest part of my stress.

I had to talk to my son's baseball coach for another reason, and I just felt compelled to mention the fact that my son's dad was gone away again, and I was so surprised to hear him respond that his own father was incarcerated from the time he was in elementary school until after he was an adult so he knew exactly how my son felt. He said he wanted to talk to him and let him know that he wasn't alone in this and that he would be there for him if he need to talk about it. It made me feel so light to know that this man who is devoted to kids was willing to share his own past with my son. That was a real HP moment for me.

Thanks to everyone for your support, I have yet to tell my family as I know most all responses will be negative and judgemental.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh Sunny, your post just touched my heart. It reminded me of 2 things - one, our kids tend to know a lot more about what's going on than we think they do (at least that was the case for me and mine) and two, the conversation with the coach truly was an HP moment. I love when that happens - when our HP puts just the right person in our lives... someone we never expected.

Hugs to you and your sons too. I imagine you'll all grow stronger thru all of this.

Cats
Old 03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunnygirl68 View Post
Thanks to everyone for your support, I have yet to tell my family as I know most all responses will be negative and judgemental.
Remember, you have no control over what others think or say.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes your HP put that couch in your and your son's life. I don't believe in coincidences. Hang tough and if you need us we're here.