Callie's Independence Day

Old 03-22-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Callie's Independence Day

Today's the day for Callie's divorce to be final....

I'll be saying my praryers that our friend finds today a day of independence and new beginnings.

Let us know how you're feeling today Callie.

Hugs,
Alice
Old 03-22-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Callie, we all are so proud of you.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's a new day and a new life.

Praying for you.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Add my good thoughts to the list.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Callie))

It's not always as easy as it would appear to be.

I was glad when the day was over - it was freeing yet sad too. Sad that someone I once cared so much about had been taken so far down by the disease of alcoholism/addiction that he was no longer at all the man I cared for.

He had become a total stranger. That father and grandfather had truly died inside of him. It was sad that my girls and grandchildren had lost that man and each and every passing day the chances of him ever returning grow slimmer and dimmer.

It was also the day that I decided that I would refuse to allow this nasty disease to steal anymore of my joy. It had taken enough of that from me. Even tho I knew I would face challenges ahead - I would still hold onto the joy of LIFE.

I pray that you do something to especially GOOD for YOU - you have walked a long, hard path - you deserve a treat that helps you feel the goodness, peace and love of your Higher Power!!

HUGS and Prayers,
Rita
Old 03-22-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wishing you beautiful days ahead, Callie...days filled with sunshine and nights lit by stars.

Keeping you in my prayers today, as you take time to heal and get ready for wonderful new beginnings.

Hugs
Old 03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow - I'm just getting ready to walk out the door and thought I'd check on SR. Thank you Itsmealice and everyone else for thinking of me. In less than an hour I will be divorced. I'm scared, anxious, nervous, shakey all at the same time.

He had become a total stranger

You would not believe how true this is right now. He is so whacked out of his mind it's not funny. As in a constant 'walmart' whacked out of his mind. He's been this way I guess for a week. I haven't spoken with him, but his mom said he's aweful. He truely is looking @ jail time or death.

I just spoke with FIL and he is reminding me to turn it over to god. Stay out of His way. The man that I fell in love with 23 years ago, the man whom I've been married to just shy of 15 years is not there at all right now. I pray that he finds his way, but it will be without me. It's rainy, cold and dreary out right now. I just want this day to be over with. Thanks guys. Off to court....
Old 03-22-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This too shall pass. I remember the worry about actually doing it was worse than doing it. It was just a piece of paper in the mail.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sending good healing thoughts your way....
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sending good thoughts and hugs of support, Callie! :ghug3
Old 03-22-2010, 09:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I had this day marked on my calendar so I wouldn't forget help cheer you on along with everyone else as you take those steps to the courthouse to begin a new season of your life!!

Please don't feel like you are punishing him Callie - you are protecting yourself and the kids. He is punishing himself because remember, this isn't your fault.

Take a breath and let some peace wash over you as like "Alice" said, this is YOUR INDEPENDENCE DAY. You've been through hell and back.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Please don't feel like you are punishing him Callie - you are protecting yourself and the kids. He is punishing himself because remember, this isn't your fault.

Take a breath and let some peace wash over you as like "Alice" said, this is YOUR INDEPENDENCE DAY. You've been through hell and back.
Just thought this should be repeated
Old 03-22-2010, 11:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Callie... my thoughts are with you. My recent day in court was a blur... my stomach was in knots and I felt out of body.... but that does change and your new reality becomes good.... filled with a bright future as you begin to concentrate on you... and make decisions for you.

God Bless.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

im late in adding my support but it is there... for today and for continued healing for you and yours.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Today is almost over! Sending you love and support :ghug3:ghug3
Old 03-22-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well,

I'm still married. The signed paperwork/agreement is lost in the court system somewhere. I had to testify, it has to be reviewed. He didn't show. If it is signed by the judge, he has 14 days to contest it. I am mad and feel defeated by the freaking court system yet again.

On top of that he's whacked out on xanax has been for about 6 days. He's on everything imaginable and he gets mean and nasty on xanax. Legally he can still come in my home, legally I am still responsible for him if he wrecks a car or anything. Until the judge signs the papers I'm still married. This never ends it seems. I don't know what the heck I would do if he truely turned against me or fought me on this. I'd be buried because of all of the flaws in the court system.

Guys, I'd appreciate prayers - I'm near the end, but it can't be soon enough. AH is really volatile right now (xanax) and you can't deal with him on any level when he's like this. Right now he doesn't even know his own phone number. He's whacked out walmart bad.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am mad and feel defeated by the freaking court system yet again.
Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in! Dammit.
You are not defeated. I will be praying for you. It is the end.

He's whacked out walmart bad.
Okay, Callie, if I didn't know the story, (or know how bad xanax can whack somebody) this would not be funny. But, oh my, whacked out walmart bad. Four words, so simple and yet sooooo descriptive.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Oh if only you knew wicked....whacked out walmart bad is buried in the millions of posts that I have here.

Let's just sum it up like this.... He was found in the chip aisle of Walmart with a bag of lays potato chips trying to 'open' them with a plastic baseball bat that he'd gotten out of the toy aisle. When he was found he had my debit card, needles. His car was in the middle of the walmart entrance, lights on, running with no one @ the wheel. THAT is whacked out walmart bad. THAT is what about 28 .5 mg of xanax PLUS heroin will do to him within 15 hours of filling the rx. "WOWB" Another new abbreviation that I can contribute to SR.

This is not funny, but I'd seriously be insane right now without a sense of humor. My POSSTBXAH is WOWB. I find myself bouncing around between tears and hysterics! Thanks guys for being there.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Callie, if I could I'd take you out to the middle of the desert so you could scream as loud and as long as you want.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

At this point I'd go. Can there be a punching bag involved in the desert? I'm telling you I would pummel it @ this time. So sick of this and just want it to freaking end so I can move on.