Where is the Parent sticky

Old 03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where is the Parent sticky

I thought there was a sticky for parents of an addict, anybody know what happened to it?
Old 03-19-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

I'm not sure if there was one for parents Joan. Just wanted to stop by and tell you I left mail for you here.....have a good one and stay strong mom..hugs, Bonnie
Old 03-19-2010, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I'm not remembering one either,
hon - but over in ACOA there's info about breaking the patterns?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes there was one, I remember it was there last week. It was like '7 things for parents of addicts' or something. I clicked on it out of curiosity last week but I'm not sure where it went. Maybe you can email the forum master and see if it can be put back up.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The author requested the removal of that post (which meant the rest of the thread would not have made sense).

Although he posted here himself, he got defensive about copyright issues, as happens sometimes.

When we post quoting from another source, it is important that we include the name of the author and source for copyright reasons, and sometimes we need to get permission to post.

I post often from Language of Letting Go, written by Melody Beattie and published by Hazelden , and I have their written blessing to go ahead and post. They also sent me Melody's newest book to review, since they knew I was a big fan.

Al-Anon also got after us for copyright issues...even though the program is about "sharing the message" (go figure). That's why these forums are now called "Friends and Family" and not Nar-Anon and Al-Anon as they used to be called.

My point is, some are fussier than others, and for legal reasons we need to follow copyright laws and acknowledge when possible.

That's a long explanation, but I thought it might be helpful to let you know all the issues involved.

And, for the record, I stickied that thread because I thought it was a wonderful thread for parents here. Sadly, the author put personal issues ahead of the good of everyone...sort of tells you that his site is probably more about HIM than it is about helping anyone...just my opinion of course.

Hugs
Old 03-20-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There was a sticky a long time ago written by a member named Marteen. It was fantastic-I think it was called Message for Parents of addicts. Not sure what happened to it.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That sticky was lost in The Great Crash here a few years back, when we lost the entire Friends and Family of Substance Abusers forum (that is one bad memory).

However...never fear...I searched in The Best Of Sober Recovery forum and there was a copy, which I have now copied here again and stickied at the top

I'm glad I thought to look there, and it was wayyyyy back. lol.

And you guys thought us moderators just sat around drinking coffee all day

Here's a shortcut to that thread...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...s-addicts.html