OT-Dakota Scan Update

Old 03-18-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

OT-Dakota Scan Update

After sitting paralyzed on my couch all day Monday and making calls to the clinic hoping the nurse would answer I finally left them a voice mail asking them to call me if the preliminaries were in (no call) Tuesday morning I called and the receptionist asked if we were coming in for our follow up later that day and because I picked up the stomach virus I didn't want to come in UNLESS absolutely necessary.

She told me that there had been talk during rounds about calling me and that I'd be hearing from someone soon.

Well soon wasn't soon enough and ultimately her dad called the clinic and told them he was in AZ and has been waiting to hear about the scans so the doc got on the phone and told him they had just been really swamped, but that the scans showed NED!!!

After speaking with him she called me and let me know.

The build up this time around was very stressful and we had a horrible experience with a nurse on scan day that traumatized Dakota even more where needles are concerned as well as trusting hospital staff, but what a relief to know that she remains cancer free!!!

Deep in my spirit I knew she was, but I let my mind run wild and I allowed it to take me to very ugly places thinking very ugly thoughts.

FEAR is horrible when you allow it to creep in and the more you entertain it the bigger it gets.

Through it all I am learning many things ... "Keep your eyes off the circumstances and fixed on the Jesus" ... "Trust the Lord"

At times challenging, but always invaluable.

Thanks to our SR family for all the prayers

Passion
Old 03-18-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

SO glad to hear that little dakota is fine and i will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. a little prayer for that nurse also, it may actually benefit her one day. everyone is not in recovery the way you are. acting that way, she could be in for a lot of trouble one day.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just read the previous post and this. I'm so glad she's okay but wow, I'm so sorry the nurse was so horrible
Old 03-18-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You know I'm sitting here smiling, that sweet girl is just very blessed.

What a relief this must be for you, and please know that I keep Dakota in my prayers each day.

Hugs