Tough Day

Old 03-10-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough Day

Hello to all my SR friends. Whewww... been a tough day! My poor opertated on toes with big ugly yellow pins sticking out of them look like vienna sausages today. Too much walking yesterday. My 3 year old has been crying most of the day because she is so 'concentrated' (constipated) poor thing. Finally got that worked out....no pun intended and then the 14 year old had to be picked up with a stomach bug.

AH is FREAKING OUT! I know he has it rough now and I do try to make things easier since I am of very little help physically right now (hiring someone to come clean, ask my mom to help with the 3 year old, eat sandwiches everyday) but he is sooooo grumpy. Do you suppose it's from getting sober?
Seems he's ok as long as we can just hang out and talk but when the little one is up and around or there is stuff to do he gets pissy.

I'm starting to go nuts sitting in this bed.... 3 weeks and two days down.....two weeks and five days to go.. I'm going to try to make it to an al anon meeting Friday night. I need to go and also, I JUST NEED OUT OF THIS HOUSE FOR A WHILE.

Thanks for listening and caring!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wish I had some great words....

Thinking of you and knowing you have inner strength.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Endangered)) - wow, sounds like you have your hands full!!!

As far as AH, I can't really tell. They can be grumpy for a whole lot of reasons.

I hope you get the help you need and can heal from your surgery...YOU deserve to have some peace!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-10-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was in a cast and on crutches when my son was 5 months old. I about lost my mind even with all the help I had, and how you're making it through all this just amazes me. God bless you!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can't lie, it's been really tough. AH's family pretty much deserted us. They have never liked me.....don't care that much anymore. I have held out the olive branch and got smacked with it so many times that I finally gave up. We had a 'cordial' relationship up to now but since all of this I don't think that is even a possibility. I know this will make trying to make a go of this sober (I pray) marriage more difficult and I hate that but what to do?

Thank God my bipolar disorder is being controlled by Lamictal so well or I'd be on the psych floor for sure. I've had a few near panic attacks but have somehow managed to stop them by knowing how badly my kids need me to be strong now.

Strange thing, I know my story sounds a bit like a twisted soap opera but sharing is a good thing I guess. Anyhoo here goes, I was molested by my aunt's (who was very dear to me) husband for like a year when I was around 11. Not raped....just felt up alot. Naturally this has affected me in many ways but was never something I dreamed of. Today, 27 years later, I had the most horrible dream you can imagine about it. I dreamed he had my 3 year old and I shot at him. Somehow he managed to get me and stick fishing hooks through my fingers. Then as he was sticking them into my ears (trying to fish my brain out) I was screaming to my oldest daughter to call the police and tell them what he was doing. He just laughed and said.... yeah call em' and tell em'. Oh, btw I was also riding on the interstate with my sister in a bumper car with a clown face on it in this dream. Please don't think I'm nuts....I'm thinking this whole thing must be coming from the feelings of panic and lack of control with this whole situation.... what do you guys think?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope I haven't scared you guys off.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Poor thing! Seems that you are just trying to process all the stresses that are on your back right now!...I have "crazy-ass" (what everyone calls them) dreams all the time.

I just wish a speedy recovery for you and hope you can get to that meeting.
Take care