confused, need suggestions

Old 03-05-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ghkjjkh

Unhappy confused, need suggestions

Hi there,

I'm a 15 yr old male and about 2 months ago i was snooping through some of my dads stuff and i found a p pipe, I did'nt know what to do so I talked to my sister (20) and it helped but we did'nt know what to do, we kinda just let it go. So today I looked through my dads wallet and found what i think was a small meth crystal (i don't think it was anything else). I don't know what to do, I felt like showing him and asking him wtf it was, but i don't really want to start ****, becuase I no hes had a really hard life (familly deaths and all). I can't go to my mum cause she will just go ballistic,(my parents are divorced)
What should i do? confront him?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

welcome to sr, i honestly don't know what you should do. i know this has to be hard for you and your sister. do you live with your dad? stick around, others will be along shortly who may be better able to help you. this is so sad, you are so young to have to deal with this. i wish there was a way that you could talk to your mom.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ghkjjkh

no i live with my mum, i don't think it would be possible to talk to her about something like that tho.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shorty123495 View Post
no i live with my mum, i don't think it would be possible to talk to her about something like that tho.
shorty,
could you possibly get to an Al-ateen meeting? or Al-Anon?
I am sorry you have to deal with this foolishness. It is not your job.
At a meeting they will keep your anonymity and will share how they dealt
with situations just like this.
Keep strong, and look for help.
You did well coming here.
Beth
Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

first, i think if you confronted your dad, he'd probably be offended by you going through his things. if you got past that, he'd probably not be all that honest with you and even if he was, you confronting him won't make him stop useing if thats what he wants to do.

i know this has to be weighing heavily on you mind but there really is nothing you can do even if you did confront him.

i have kids your age and if my kids found out what you feel you have, i would rather them to talk to me about it rather than them doing the confronting. you say that they are divorced, right? i think any confrontation might be better left to an adult that you may trust.

i wished i could say ask him about it but remember, you went through his things and that may create an even bigger problem for you. hopefully others will be along shortly so just hang on.