Brief relpse

Old 03-04-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brief relpse

Well today should of been my brothers 17 month mark....he called me last night to tell me last week he used (heroin). He used 1 time since. He is really beating himself up over this but i told him he is human and ALL humans make mistakes, we just need to learn from them, and by calling me and telling me this happened is a good step, he is not in denial and doesnt want to do this again. He basically said he doesnt even know what happened, one min he was playing basketball and the next min he was getting high, hes been depressed, lost his job and cant find anything else close enough, (he doesnt drive) he had also stopped his meetings, so as of today hes going to pick up where he left off and get back to his meetings. I told him i loved him and i was so glad he trusted me enough to tell me this, and that im here for him every step of the way in his recovery! He has a baby on the way and wants to be the best father he can be, and he knows he cant do that on drugs!! So i spoke with him today and he was outside running and doing push ups and pull ups and sounded positive...please pray for him and his recovery!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

prayers going out for your brother and for you too. he's blessed to have you for his sister. i pray that he finds continueous sobriety.

congratulations on the new baby.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Me too Teke.........as you know loving an addict is so hard, constant worry!! He WANTS to be clean, so im taking that as a good sign!! And i am excited that im going to be an aunt!!