Still Trying To Process H's Arrest

Old 02-27-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still Trying To Process H's Arrest

H's arrest was in the paper today so no need to tell my mom and dad they read it first thing this morning. My phone has been ringing off the hook all day. I know people mean well, but seriously I don't want to hear one more person tell me they are here for me. It is comforting to know that I do have so many people that care about me and my son, but I would really rather not talk about it right now. There are only a select few people that I want to talk to about it and those are people that have been through something similar-not my best friend, not my parents, not any of H's friends.

Then there is my FIL. He is driving me insane. The lastest is he wanted to know if I thought it was a good idea for him to contact the undercover officer that H was working with. I told him to leave well enough alone that getting involved would not be good. He is such a freakin' control freak! I told him even if he did take his call I highly doubt he would actually tell him what was going on. I just can't believe how much he is trying to stick his nose in this! From the last conversation I had with him it actually sounds like he might bail him out this weekend. I told him I thought it was a horrible idea and I told him that I didn't want to see H anywhere near my house. Also, meaning in my neighborhood which is also where his little crack sl^t lives. I can't control whether or not my FIL bails him out, but I told him that I will have lots of people watching the neighborhood (we're a very nosey, tight-knit group of people) and the first time anyone sees him they are going to tell me and I will call the police. FIL did agree that he will make that perfectly clear to H and that if they find out he came to the house or even in the neighborhood the bond will be revoked. Doubt that will stop him though! I just wish that my FIL could see how this can go so wrong. Even H's mom is against my FIL bailing him out. She said if he is there she will not stay there and then they asked if she could come stay at my house! I said I wasn't really sure if I could handle that. Then FIL asked if I would be willing to bring the baby over to their house so H could see him. I said I really needed to think about that. I know I really can't keep him away from his son, but I'm so mad I don't want my son to get hurt. Before getting arrested he hadn't seen him in 8 days. He asked to speak to him when he called Thursday, but hasn't called back. I guess I'll just play that part by ear, but I will not offer a visit and will not be accomodating to a visit that isn't sincerly initiated by my H.

I think doing time is what he needs. My H has always been a golden child. Every job he has had he has been the best employee-very successful, smart, out performs everyone else. In school he always had teachers that adored him-I bump into 3 of his former teachers all the time and they tell me how he is to this day still one of their all-time favorite students. He always had lots of friends that he would drop everything for if any of them were in a bind. That is why so many people have stood by him through his addiction. Now people are dropping like flies because of how badly he has treated people. He expects that people will help him. He expects that he will get out of things because of who he is. I think the only thing that will truly help him would be to suffer the consequences of his actions. He will not do well in jail-he is this preppy guy that doesn't have a clue what he is in for. I really believe spending time in jail (or prison which is where he is headed) is his only chance to turn his life around.

Monday can't get here soon enough-I meet with my divorce attorney and all of the latest developments will make for some easy decisions when it comes to the separation agreement.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Ugh...what a crappy thing to have to go through. Is there any way you could just take your son and go somewhere for the weekend? Just get away from the phone calls and the newspapers and everything?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

whatever feel like the right thing to do, probably is.

here for you