Detox vent-GRRR!!

Old 02-22-2010, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox vent-GRRR!!

I know there is much frustration in our country with addiction rehab & obtaining help if you are uninsured. My AD was in a local detox for 4 days. Yesterday she was shown the door--her time was up. She is homeless & has not a penny to her name & no insurance. She of course asked to return here with all of the promises what she will do to work a program etc.. Heard it all before. I believe she is sincere-at the time of the asking but the track record is such it starts sincere & quickly returns to using-theft-etc.. so I refused her that option. It about killed me to so but I am not going back into that hurricane. I suggested the Salv. Army- shelters which is all I could do. The person that picked her up had a cell so she was using theirs. There was no room at any of these places ( I also called to see if she was lying ) oops.

Now my vent is this. Here is a facility that gave her Subox & anti depress meds for 4 days. At the end of that they say" See 'Ya--good luck" all the while knowing she literally has nowhere but the streets to go or worst case a users house. So in essense they cleaned up her drug use only to send her back out to more than likely use again due to major stresses. Not 1 half way house in this area will accept her with no income or insc.--not 1 rehab will accept her & she is in dire need of longterm inpatient care. The only way she will be given a bed is by the legal system--have a judge send her to a mandatory place.

GRRR!!! I'm done. Just had to vent. It amazes me to no end what a big financial business this all is.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm sorry to hear about all of this. i have to wonder though. i've been in several state funded rehabs and detox facilities and each time, when it was time to be released, i was offered other options about where to go next. most of the time i refused but at least once i excepted. my husband's exp, was the same as mine.

i'm wondering if this is only in my neck of the woods. did she check with her councelors to see if there were other safe houses or something that could recommend her to?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

She made calls from there to where they suggested but there were no openings available. Then again it may be they've seen her detox in Dec.-- detox last Sept. with a 10 day inpatient stay & detox last July with a whopping 7 day stay as well as intensive OP for 6 weeks & failed a drug test showing Suboxone in Jan. & discharged her. Each & everytime she was hooked up with fellow rehabers. One slid & the other went too. Of course I was told "These are good friends Mom--we're going to meetings etc..." Yep. Sure 'ya are.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm tired..... I'm praying for a miracle for that girl! Putting her in His hands.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Tired,
I'm from the same area and found luck in one particular place that put him on a waiting list and found him state funding once they could accept him. I've heard that recently, with the stroms, snow and cold temps many of these places are filled to capacity, but the turn over is sometimes quick. It took two weeks but the call did come.
I suggest she get on every waiting list available and hope and pray for the best.

Pm me if you'd like the name of the facility. They really did come through for my son when he desperately needed it.

(((hugs)))
Old 02-22-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks NeedingHelp7 for that prayer for a miracle-heaven knows it's what we need! I just had a constable at my door with a warrant for an outstanding traffic fine. He even told me that was overkill-30 days in jail for an expired registration or a $225.00 fine. I paid the fine out of money I removed from her unemp fund weeks ago.UGH!!! But at this moment I believe she is clean.