SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   My friends, thank you all (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/195071-my-friends-thank-you-all.html)

teke 02-18-2010 07:22 PM

My friends, thank you all

to all of you

thank you all for all of your kind words and condolences. you can never know how much you guys are and have been supporting me through all of these yrs and during this last wk.

due to the generous gift of an anonimous(sp) sr friend along with a couple others, my husband's remains are here in the city and is now in the process of being taken care of. since i don't know who all to thank personally, i'd like to thank you all here. my children and i are eternally grateful, they also want me to thank all of you for them.

special thanks to
((((my secret friend))))))), (((((still learning))))), (((((rita)))))), (((((impurrfect)))))
(((((coffeedrinker)))) and (((all the rest)))).:tyou

i still have a ways to go before all this is taken care of but i don't know how on earth i could have gotten this far without all of you. i haven't been posting much but i do come here for my nightly dose of comfort. this really is a difficult time for us but we have been comforted beyond measure by all of you here at sr. its almost unbelievable to me. i'm just amazed and i'm really at a loss for words. sooooooo!!!!!!!!! thank you all so much.:c031::thanks

ps. i promise that every time i pray, you and your loved ones will be included.

love you all xoxoxoxo

sofacat 02-18-2010 07:33 PM

Thank you for being here.
You have offered your help to me while you are going through this very painful experience.

You are a good woman, and I will float a balloon from Orlando to Atlanta filled with hope and light and all things positive & happy in it, for you and your family.

Look up, sending it your way!

:bday8

coffeedrinker 02-18-2010 07:38 PM

((((teke))))

when i first started coming here to s/r, i remember always being struck with your replies. you have such a gentle and beautiful way of saying what you have to say, i could tell from that moment, and every moment i have read your posts, that you are a deep well of love and compassion. yet you still know the score. you are a real asset to everyone here, and a testament to recovery from addiction.

i know that down the road a ways, you won't remember a lot of these days. but you can go back to the posts, and if you ever come back to this one, you will know just one of the reasons that some of us reached out to you in your time of need.

what goes around, comes around.

peace to you my friend

teke 02-18-2010 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by coffeedrinker (Post 2520413)
((((teke))))

i know that down the road a ways, you won't remember a lot of these days.

peace to you my friend

thank you my dear but i have to disagree with you here, i will NEVER forget these days or these posts. for me, its kind of how i felt on graduation day, or a birth of my kids day. its one of those kind of occasions, to me. this kind of stuff just don't happen for me often. i really do feel special, like i belong, like i matter.(crying tears of graditude)

Chino 02-18-2010 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by teke (Post 2520429)
for me, its kind of how i felt on graduation day, or a birth of my kids day. its one of those kind of occasions, to me. this kind of stuff just don't happen for me often. i really do feel special, like i belong, like i matter.(crying tears of graditude)

That brought tears to my eyes. Only a very special kind of person would find joy like that in a time of sorrow, the way you have. That's why you matter and why I'm grateful to learn from the experience, strength, and hope that you've shared. May God continue to bless you and your children, and may your husband forever RIP.

idahoone 02-18-2010 10:48 PM

Teke, I am so sorry for your loss...there are really no words that are enough....praying for you and your family

Hunny1116 02-19-2010 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by coffeedrinker (Post 2520413)
you are a real asset to everyone here, and a testament to recovery from addiction.

((((teke))))

I, too, believe we get back what we put out there. I still remember my first post and how your response warmed my broken heart and encouraged me. You have always been there for me and for all of us. I could never thank you enough.

Love,

aah1977 02-19-2010 03:38 AM

I haven't been on SR for long, but almost everytime I post something you are always there with kind words that help me see things better and lift me up. Thank YOU for all that you do!

eaglesgirl 02-19-2010 03:59 AM

Teke, you are a kind, gentle, loving woman...

I am glad that you have a guardian angel looking out for you and your children in this time of need.

Sending lots of love, positive energy, and prayers....

teke 02-19-2010 07:27 PM

just to let you guys know, things are beginning to work out. its been a long hard road but i'm grateful to be able to see a little light. thank you again.

Impurrfect 02-19-2010 07:46 PM

((Teke)) - I'm glad that things are being worked out. I hope this means that you will soon be able to catch up on some much needed sleep and food, as I know you haven't been had much of either. Please take care of you...you're very special to us.

Love, hugs and prayers!

Amy

Ann 02-20-2010 04:01 AM

(((Teke))). Something that helps me in difficult times is the saying `If God leads you to it, He`ll lead you through it`

I`m so glad that things are working out and that you feel the love and support that we all have for you.

Keeping you and your kids in my prayers.

teke 02-21-2010 07:01 AM

thanks

i like to share with you all that my husband will be memorialized on fri/26th at 10:00am, followed by military honors at 2:00pm, he was really proud to be a marine.

again, thank you all so much.