And Then The Rain Came

Old 02-15-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
work in progress

Question And Then The Rain Came

I don't understand what is happening to Me at the moment. I can't seem to shake the funk I have been in for the past few days.

I have been doing so well. Feeling great about myself, accomplishing many things and overall, feeling happy and confident.

And then. BAM! Out of no where a depression just settled over me and I can't seem to shake it. Right now I am being dominated by anger and complete sadness. I have been crying hysterically for about an hour now and I feel like I am sinking. I go up and down these past few days. Big smiles one minute....holding back tears the next.

It's been 47 days since my AH left. I have been good. Really good....but now I am a mess for some reason and not sure where it came from.

Has anybody experienced a delayed reaction like this before? I really would like to know because this is p!ssing me off and freaking me out.

I'm not feeling like I want to control anything, I don't feel out of control either...I just feel an enormous amount of grief. And I think I have the flu to top it all off. Great.

Help. I could use a hand. :help
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Has anybody experienced a delayed reaction like this before? I really would like to know because this is p!ssing me off and freaking me out.

YES!!! The first few weeks, you are still adjusting to the new feelings and emotions. I went through exactly the same thing when I had a similar situation last year concerning my daughter. The first few weeks, I felt like a giant weight had been lifted from my shoulders. After that, I felt kind of numb and then, all of a sudden, I was very sad. I think it just takes a little time for things to settle down and then once you kind of get into a rhythm, it hits you. At least, that's how it was for me.

It'll get better...just let the feelings come and cry if you feel the need. It won't last that long and you'll feel so much better after a while. I hope you don't have the flu, but if you do, be extra gentle with yourself. You'll be okay. (((HUGS)))
Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by sofacat View Post

I don't understand what is happening to Me at the moment. I can't seem to shake the funk I have been in for the past few days.

I have been doing so well. Feeling great about myself, accomplishing many things and overall, feeling happy and confident.

And then. Out of no where a depression just settled over me and I can't seem to shake it. Right now I am being dominated by anger and complete sadness. I have been crying hysterically for about an hour now and I feel like I am sinking. I go up and down these past few days. Big smiles one minute....holding back tears the next.

It's been 47 days since my AH left. I have been good. Really good....but now I am a mess for some reason and not sure where it came from.

Has anybody experienced a delayed reaction like this before?
I really would like to know because this is p!ssing me off and freaking me out.

I'm not feeling like I want to control anything, I don't feel out of control either...I just feel an enormous amount of grief. And I think I have the flu to top it all off. Great.

Help. I could use a hand.

Ahh We're here with you, ..

I've had delayed reactions about other things similar to what you
described. I think , for Me anyway, it's kind of normal...
I'm sure the flu is not helping. Seems like it's going around pretty
bad this year.

Lots of love and light your way!
:ghug3
Old 02-15-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
work in progress

Thanks guys. It's landed on top of me like a ton of bricks!

I mean, I cried just reading your responses! I can't stop!!!

Maybe I do just need to get it out.

Suki...sounds a lot like my emotional map too. Thanks for that. I guess I'm just going through the "sad" "angry" part of the show.

So glad you guys are here.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi,

Yes I have the emotional ups and downs too. One week I feel great and happy and then the next week I feel depressed and sad. For the past 2 weekends for some reason I have had a major panic attack. During the attack I start to cry and can't stop. Then I feel better and the panic feeling is gone.

I will be glad when this passes and I am happy on a daily basis again. It is driving me crazy! So hang in there, this too shall pass for both of us!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by sofacat View Post
Thanks guys. It's landed on top of me like a ton of bricks!

I mean, I cried just reading your responses! I can't stop!!!

Maybe I do just need to get it out.

Suki...sounds a lot like my emotional map too. Thanks for that. I guess I'm just going through the "sad" "angry" part of the show.

So glad you guys are here.
Have you been to the doc. lately? Are you sure it's nothing physical?

Crying can be a good thing. I know I hate it when I cry, or feel strong emotions of anything, but sometimes we need those crazy emotions.

lol, that's why they call us women!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hey sofa, sorry you are hurting. yes i've been there too. seems like when it hits, it hits out of nowhere. sometimes for me, that feeling disappeared almost as strangely as it appeared. i hope it ends soon. even though it maybe common emotions, try not to stay there too long, if it does, maybe see a doctor. jmo
Old 02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
work in progress

Right? estrogen is a killer!

No, I haven't been to a doctor. They'll just want to give me pills for it anyway...and let's face it, isn't that the reason we're all here?

I don't know what this is. I have complete resolve with the decisions I have made to have him leave. But the no contact right now is depressing. I am thinking about all of the things I do love about him lately...as opposed to all the things I needed to be away from when we separated.

Day at a time.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

...we have withdrawals too. Emotional detox is a necessary step
There is no way around the pain...just through it.
May you get through this and to the other side soon.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Oh, howdy. I'm paying attention to this Sofacat. It may very well be a crystal ball for me. You continure to amaze me.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
work in progress

Oh Alzerin.....you came around much quicker than I did. You astound Me!

I remember reading your first posts on F&F...your sarcasm just cracked me up! I got a kick out of it really.

I'm getting there. I thought after day 6 of codie detox I was in the clear....

LMFAO! That's what I get for thinking.

UGH. God he was so cute...why did he have do go and be a drug addict?

I need to blow my nose.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
work in progress

Originally Posted by teke View Post
hey sofa, sorry you are hurting. yes i've been there too.
Thank you for taking the time to help me out Teke.

What I am feeling pales in comparison to what you are going through right now, and I am grateful that you have taken the time out for the rest of us in need during this time of yours.

I'll make it through...I just need to let it out so I can get it out, ya know?

Thanks for the kind word. I promise not to stay here too long.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I know exactly how you feel sofa, I am feeling the same way. It just came up out of nowhere & all the sudden I am having a really hard time with this overwhelming sadness.

I have been irritable, snappy and having a huge case of the blahs.

I think we are going through a phase, maybye a stage of greif. I hope it goes away soon!

Hugs,
Teggie
Old 02-16-2010, 03:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You have actually been doing a lot better than me with the no contact thing, but I've been very good about not having an emotional breakdown. Until last night! When I got into bed the whole situation just hit me like a ton of bricks and I cried and cried and cried. I think with all things there will be waves of good and bad. I think sometimes we need a good long hard cry!

Hope you are feeling better this morning!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

"UGH. God he was so cute...why did he have do go and be a drug addict?"

Errr, there Sofacat, might be why our stories are a little different! ;-) :-O
Old 02-16-2010, 06:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((Sofa))) sorry you are feeling so low. I'm feeling the same thing, seems I'm going along fine & the WHAM I get smacked with the boo hoos. I hope you don't have the flu & that this is a short term blue time for you.

Hang in there
Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sofa - totally know what you're feeling. One day I'm on my game plan chugging along, next day bam - missing him and what he could be immensely. Do you work out or take vitamins? I think that helps alot.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Even under the best of circumstances, I can have days like that!

Usually, I'm on the verge of getting sick with something, or guilty of HALT (hungry, angry, lonely, tired). Hunger and fatigue are my two biggies.

I know what it's like to be in a funk, so be gentle with yourself, let the feelings flow, and remember that this too shall pass!

:ghug3
Old 02-16-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

sofa..............sorry your feeling low, but everyones right it happens and it does pass
cry it out..........its good for ya

I have days sometimes that have Nothing to do with my husband but the build up of all the other stressors in my life and I have been known to pull my car off the road.........bang on the steering wheel and then burst into tears.......have a good hard cry and then move on.
Sometimes-- it just has to come out!!

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
Old 02-16-2010, 01:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Girl! You know I am the same spot as you! (and same day!!) This week hit me BAD, but I can tell you now, just cry...allow yourself to grieve for everything, the loss, the hurt and the sorrow...and once you do, you can start to let go of the sadness. Not at once, but slowly. One day at a time .