how things fall in

Old 02-15-2010, 05:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how things fall in

I've been back on reading the forums due to "gut" fellings. i seemed to run into posts about following your "gut" the other day. I would think to myself "could it be??" Well, I found out this weekend "yes" it could. She's back on crack. There were tell tale signs, but I would tell myself it could be my lack of trust or just the way she is as she would not work a program, just quit due to jail and probation. She now has lost her job which will mean no money for rent. You know the rest of the story!
I talked to her yesterday. She was crying and very upset. I told her " you know what you need to do" but she was more concerned about getting her job back. It.s been a year and a half since her jail time and everything came out this weekend but the "gut" tells me it's been going on and did'nt just happen now. It's amazing how differently I look at it now from previous times. I learned to take care of me and this forum helped me out alot. Thanks to all.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Katie))))
Originally Posted by katie53 View Post
I talked to her yesterday. She was crying and very upset. I told her " you know what you need to do"
A very good recovery quote, Katie.

Addiction is such a sad family disease.

Hugs to you......
Old 02-15-2010, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you! i used to run to the rescue. Even spend hours on the net trying to find that perfect rehab for her. Yes, we need to care for ourselves. When I first went to al-anon I had a hard time. I wanted help in how to help her and thought what good are these meetings if I can't get the info I felt I needed to have in order to be happy again! I just checked my business answering machine. There is a message on there from her landlord (a friend of mine) He wants me to call him back as soon as possible. I already know what it's about. The difference this time around I don't have to pick up the tab as I did't co-sign. Yes, did that many times for her. Cars, apts.you name it I was right there to make it all better. I am grateful that I was never judged for my enabling just gently guided. Again, THank you, Thank you, Thanks so much.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's a joy to hear from someone who learned to stay her in own hula hoop.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Katie))) - sorry to hear she's back on crack, but VERY proud of you for staying in your own hula hoop!!

She does know what to do, and I pray she gets back on track soon.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-15-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Katie))) - sorry to hear she's back on crack, but VERY proud of you for staying in your own hula hoop!!

She does know what to do (most of us do), and I pray she gets back on track soon.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

of course she wants her job back. It ensures her ability to purchase more crack. Maybe, the dealer of said crack, is in proximity to that job. I'm sorry. I'm so cynical these days because I recall my guy (overdosed nov 09) insisted on staying at a dead end job in an office building. even when he went to rehab, the office closed down and he didn't even have a job to go to...he got another one in the same building. my "gut" told me for 3 years that it was either a %itch or a pill. it was both.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hello she is here now for a birthday that was planned for her by her daughter. It almost turns my stomach!! She is just overboard in being with her girls. Laughing and playing, something she has not done at all since she got out of jail. as time went on the little that was there dwindled to nothing. Now today , after the hell of a weekend when all came out, she is just happy,happy, Even asked me if there was anything she could do to help!!OMG, this is so much. Can anybody make sense of this??? I don't think she is high but it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i don't know enough of your story. daughter i assume? i don't have a sense of her - you must not have posted for awhile.

i think it's entirely possible that she is a bit lit up chemically. in a few hours when she is crashing, then she will get ugly.

my thoughts are that the ol' gut feeling will tell you the truth....one of the problems tho with that, is it's not 100%. just try and enjoy for the moment?