It's been awhile

Old 02-12-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

It's been awhile

Many of you don't know me but the old timers should remember me.
I havent really been to SR in a while now and for the most part I do a quick check in. For many years SR was my second home... daily and through most of the day I would be logged into SR. This was the was I was able to get through most of the day.

For those who dont know me I would tell you briefly about me and my story. I fell in love with a "great man" who made me happy, we fell hard for one another and I couldnt believe I found such a wonderful thoughtful man. Turned out he was a crack addict and my life for many years was a roller coaster ride. A few months it would be good, but then several months would be bad. I spent many nights by myself while he was on a mission, rehab, jail, and so on. I had a lot of drama in my life because of this relationship...drama I didnt need. I cam to SR for guidance, support, kick in the rear end because I knew only the people on SR could understand me and what I was going through. The addict in my life and I had a baby...I dont regret my child but I do regret staying for as long as I did with him. My exabf and I have been broken up for about 7 months now. He pays child support, gives extra to my son, isnt using crack anymore for over a year now. But he does have a drinking problem which led to the brake up.

I am slowly growing, not dating, and trying to do the best I can. I believe this brake up is the last. He's a sweet man but a lost man....I cant do anything for him anymore. I have my children to take care of and myself.

To the oldtimers... my daughter will be 13 years old in March and I'm sure you all could remember our SR baby...my son Michael .............he will be 4 years old in March too. I am sharing his picture here on SR so you could see how big he got.

Hugs,
Jewelz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG00381.jpg (92.5 KB, 75 views)
Old 02-12-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

oops I didnt mean to make the picture so big. Moderators feel free to edit the post if need be.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Oh how precious! What a handsome little boy you have! Welcome back to SR!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are an inspiration! He is so adorable, what a proud momma!! I remember when mine were that age. Boy do I miss it.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

(((jewelz))))

GTEAT BIG HUGS!!!!! I've really missed you. I'm soooooo glad things are going well for you. The SR baby isn't a baby any more, he's growing up so fast.

You keep right on doing what you are doing.

Love ya
B
Old 02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Its great to hear from you (((Jewelz)))
We've missed you!
And I'm especially glad that things have worked out for you, your daughter and that adorable little angel of yours! Doesn't that smile just melt you daily?

Keep the updates coming...

(((Hugs)))
Old 02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jewelz....so great to hear from you! Your son is so precious. What a cutie. And I can not believe that your daughter is so grown up! That's crazy!

Glad to hear an update on you and your ex. Addiction is sooooo sad and soooooo nasty. I'm glad that you are not having to live in the day to day of it any longer.

I am still around - not as often as I used to be but still check in fairly regularly. My RAH is still sober (almost 5 years now). It's been a tough road. Just because they don't use doesn't mean that they are all better.

So glad to hear from you - keep in touch! Donna
Old 02-12-2010, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((Jewelz)) - SOOOO glad you checked in, and Michael is adorable!!! Keep taking care of you, sweetie...you're doing the right thing for ALL of you!

Love, hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-12-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey there ((((Jewelz)))) So nice to hear from you and I'm glad you and the kids are well. You will be having different worries now with a heartbreaker daughter now a teen

Michael is so precious...those eyes!! I remember so well the thread when you were in labor and at the hospital. I don't remember who was keeping us updated but someone was. We were pacing the SR hallways until we got word. I was new to SR at the time and a basket case...That time spent thinking about something else and not just my daughter's using really made an impact.

Don't be a stranger, okay?
Old 02-13-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awwww, Jewelz, baby Michael is absolutely precious and that smile is a heart melter for sure.

I am so glad things are going well for you and your kids, I remember the hard times you went through along the way and it's great to hear that you have found your peace in a life free of addiction and chaos.

Big hugs for you, your daughter and little Michael. May God's blessing shine on all of you.

Hugs
Old 02-13-2010, 07:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ahhh Jewelz baby!!!!!

Been wondering about you! I was going to call you a few time, but I lost my phone and all the numbers of course, tried to find your number but got the wrong person, lol.

So glad to see you!