Condolences for Teke

Old 02-10-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Condolences for Teke

Hello Friends,

This forum is so great. We know, when we communicate via S/R, there is a real person behind each post. But, still, it's cyber-support. Our friend "Teke" has been struggling with her AH for a long, long time, and now he is suddenly gone. He left seven children. This family is bound to experience a lot of different kinds of emotions for some time.

In the event that someone would like to send a condolence card, flowers, or what have you, I have asked her if she would consider giving out her address. (She agreed) In the interest of safety, we have decided that to give out the address only if someone requests it.

If you'd like her address, to send a note or gift to her, the children, etc, please PM me. I will be quick about replying to you with the info.

RIP, Mr. Teke
Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, Coffeedrinker!....and Teke, for sharing your life with us! We have learned so very much from your gentle wisdom and kindness.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Is there a way to send money to help bury him? An address we could send a donation towards that?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In the event that someone would like to send a condolence card, flowers, or what have you, I have asked her if she would consider giving out her address. (She agreed) In the interest of safety, we have decided that to give out the address only if someone requests it.
Grateful - Here's your answer!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Actually I just read her latest update and it looks as if the burial and service is all taken care of now.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will PM it to you, grateful.

I think that any card or other gift you send, would be appreciated well after things die down, and the shock factor wears off.

Teke has touched many of us here on S/R
Old 02-11-2010, 08:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

I would love to have Teke's address so I can send her a sweet card. I can't imagine what she's going through right now. Thanks so much for this idea.
-Holly
Old 02-12-2010, 10:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
grateful rca

my reality

thank you guys for your kindness and concerns. just to say, though i do have most of what it takes to send my husband home, i still am having to ask for donations here. its taking funds that i don't have just to get him shipped home. that part was not covered and i didn''t understand that until now.

i really would appreciate any help that i can get. it feels so demeaning to have to say this but i know it will be over soon. will you guys keep me and my kids in your prayers, this have been such a shock to us. reality is now sinking in and its just so very hard to bare.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

teke, I think God wants us to help you and your family and I'm not about to say no. You're going to be alright and we're all going to be with you, holding your hand.