Drugs vs. your wife/family ... Guess I know where I stand

Old 02-13-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

At least the guy waited until your impending divorce was announced. Too bad he couldn't wait until it was final!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:01 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Klassy for sure! LOL - I was utterly shocked. LOL! Guess I'd better get back to working out and get these stinking greys covered up that are grown out! I need to go shopping for new clothes too. I haven't been out asked out on a date for 22 years. I certainly can do better than that can't I? J/K What a shocker for the next phase in my life! LOL Maybe MIL would babysit?? J/K totally
Old 02-13-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
LOL Maybe MIL would babysit?? J/K totally
That made me lmao! I don't have the slightest idea who you were before addiction wreaked havoc on your life, but with that quip from you, I'm getting an idea. In other words, you're already finding your way back to Callie and good for you!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Def. finding my way back and I'm so glad. AH keeps being a$$ after a$$ after a$$. I'm really glad for that. It gets it through my thick head I guess. MIL the other day called and tried to lay the guilt trip on me because AH was whacked on xanax and of course now she's his savior and says 'well since you filed for D he has nothing to live for.' I fired back 'he made his bed and he chose every step in this path. He had chance after chance after chance and failed miserably every time."

The cheesy call tonight was lame, but it did make me feel better. I've been cracking myself up all night about the call because I was COMPLETELY caught off guard! It's all good though. I know there's life out there beyond addiction and I'm >this< close to getting it. I wouldnt' dream about going out on a date with anyone right now or in the near future. But it's nice to at least be asked. Thanks XYZ for making my weekend! Valentines day will be spent alone with my kids finishing their Science Fair projects - that's ok though - my kids are awesome.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I think your HP gave you a present, just in time for Valetine's Day. It made you laugh, it got your mind onto you and your future, and we all had a bit of fun picturing you handling that phone call.

:rotfxko
Old 02-13-2010, 09:46 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Wink

Hmmmm....using the divorce notifications in the paper as as dating service....kinda like using the obituaries to search for vacant/available apartments.....what will 'they' think of next.....?

NoelleR
Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Well, he signed the papers. It was a very sad and emotional day for both of us. 23 years, 15 years married, we met @ 16 - high school sweethearts. Homecoming queen and king. We became joined @ the hip early on and built a 'life' together...all gone. Divorce should be final in a few weeks. All of it gone and thrown away because of drugs.

In the words of my mom, today is a sad day to rejoice. More later - I don't feel like posting the details right now. We both cried as we were signing the papers. Thanks again guys.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

(((Callie)))
Old 02-23-2010, 05:38 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
grateful rca

((((((((callie))))))))
Old 02-23-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

(((callie)))
Old 02-23-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

sad.

i'm sad for you both.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

me too coffee - The worst part is that he didn't even read the agreement. He just said is this what you want? Is this what you want me to do? I trust you. I simply said yes and he signed. We both came out in the SUV and just cried. I love him, he loves me, but drugs are the priority. I'm glad he signed, my assets are safe. He said to me I've always trusted you to make the right decision. I know you'll take good care of the kids, you are an awesome mom. blah blah blah. If you feel this is right, I'll sign. I just nodded through the tears. I hate myself for being so pathetic, but I know he's in there somewhere. I may never see him come out. I just need to get this toxicity out of my life and move on. I hate even seeing him right now, his arms are pathetic and he probably has 50 bruises from 'muscleing (sp??) heroin' because he can't hit a vein. Swears he's going to treatment, but I've heard that for how long now?

As all of us codies here on SR feel - I love my addict, I have done everything humanley possible. In the end - drugs win.

Just so sad. When I made those vows, I took them for life. Now they are ending. Feeling sorry for myself right now I guess. Thanks guys - it helps to know I am not alone.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You've been through so much these past few months. I hope, when this is all over, that you will take some time and do something extra, extra special for yourself and your children. You all deserve it.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:14 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

A BIG ((((((( Callie))))))) for you! I know you need it and I'm so sorry you have had to go through this. My heart goes out to you.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Callie, I feel your hurt.

Your right, I bet the real him is somewhere deep within. I hope for his sake he finds it.

You have every right to feel sorry for yourself. Theres nothing wrong with that.

I just pray for you some peace and serenity, you've got nowhere to go but up now.

Hugs,
Teggie
Old 02-23-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

(((Callie))) - I know you feel sad, hurt, and a whole range of painful emotions. I'm sorry. Sending you big hugs and prayers, sweetie.

Amy
Old 02-23-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
work in progress

(((((((((((( Callie ))))))))))))))

Honey I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. It's been a long time coming.
It blows that the drugs have won. Took the men we loved so much. But I will hope for all of us that when we surrender them to their own devices, they will find their way out on their own a whole lot sooner than when we were trying to keep it all together for them.

Try not to look at the big picture. Just try to take it a day at a time, and today...you did the right thing. It hurts right now, and you have every right to feel this way. That was a lot to let go of. It will be better soon.

You are not alone, we all get it.

(((((((((( we're with you Callie )))))))))))
Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
grateful rca

callie, i'm so sorry for your pain hope you feel better soon.

i pray that your ah finds his way down the road to sobriety real soon. try to remember that nothing is over until its over. who knows, if you choose, there still can be a future in the yrs to come. i actually know divorced couples who after yrs, reunited.

not saying this for you to hang on to that hope, wait for that hope or expect that hope, only that anything is possible. hopefully at least one day you two can become the best of friends if nothing more. i would give anything to have the choice to divorce now rather than have my husband gone out of our lives forever. you do have kids so he'll probably be apart of your lives regardless in some way. you know i'm praying that it all works out the way its meant to be,
Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

(((((( Callie )))))) I hate that you are hurting.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Sorry. I have been through it. Surgery with a hacksaw. Like you said, financially you will be more secure (creditwise). You will have peace and serenity down the road. I am good 2 1/2 yrs. post divorce. I didn't want to do it either but my X's disease was progressing so bad and financial risks and risks of being busted (he grew pot in the house). You did what you had to do. You did what was healthy for you. Responsible. But it is still hard and terribly sad.