Pharmacy

Old 01-23-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pharmacy

Hi.... I haven't posted in a long time....But I was wondering my AH who I put out in November is now taking a trip a day to CVS pharmacies. Does anyone know what he could be purchasing on a daily basis. I know that sometime people who are on Meth buys the products there......But they tend to go to different stores but, he only goes to the same one.

For the record I am so disconnected from him ....I just was curious.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Cigarettes? Candy? Soda? could be anything..
Meth products you buy are logged into a system.

You may be disconnected to him but tracking his spending habits is something
I would never do for anyone unless it was a kid of mine or something.
Might want to ask yourself why it matters to you what he is buying.

JMO..

Old 01-23-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Needles?

What does it matter?
Old 01-23-2010, 10:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

borrowing something that can be sold or traded??? thought i'd jump in here. ah used to do that.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Methadone program? When they start it's witnessed at the drug store daily.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

needles
Old 01-24-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is NOT any of my concern and actually i am NOT monitoring him. We do have an account that I have access to....Because I pay daycare from it and bills that we have jointly that he still does share in on the expenses. When I went to pay the car registration online.....i told him and he said to check the balance first.....So I did! I just saw those charges that popped out and I thought I would ask the question.This is a man that NEVER went to a store such as CVS especially not on a daily basis. And on the other hand he has been begging to come home and this is a RED flag not to let him. He comes over to see the kids a few times a week and he does look better and seem better......I did think that he started a Methadone program because his job has gotten involved. But....once again let me say ...He has never personally said to me that he was on drugs. All I know is that the sign have pointed there in the past and I was taught actions speak louder than words. He always says that he is so ashamed!!!!!! Thanks for the responses
Old 01-25-2010, 06:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I do not know your history, so let me ask:
If I understand the post, you asked him to leave because you thought there was drug use? And if so, he has never admitted to it? Then why is he on the Methadone program? And what does the "he is so ashamed" refer to? Have you asked him what the charges at CVS are about? It could be something reasonable or unreasonable. and if it's your money he's using....
Old 01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ninja View Post
Methadone program? When they start it's witnessed at the drug store daily.
Not in the U.S.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Coffee Drinker........My history of post will explain things more clearly. I'm sorry if I am confusing you but, believe me it is a confusing situation. HE MOST DEFINATELY IS ON DRUGS....No I do not know what kind. But I have learned from this site that it doesnt matter what kind. As far as him being ashamed.......I think that is where not telling me or anyone in our circle that he is on drugs. My husband became a different person over night. He isolated himself from his friends and family. He went from an outgoing baseballplayer/harley rider.......to a introvert who started hanging with all new 2 friends that nobody has ever met and crying on a daily basis. I have been going through this for two years and believe me I have even considered depression.....but the patterns are pointed towards drugs. He gets paid and he within a few days he asks me to borrow money. By the way he makes over 80k a year. He does pay daycare and if I let him borrow it is only for gas and very minimal. It started off with him not taking any money from us at all.......His new friends were supplying the money. He would go missing for two and three days at a time with no calls and when he would return home he would sleep for at least a day.....I can go on and on but, my story is repeating itself.
......Thanks Outtoluch for clarifying things.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Outtolunch is correct - Methadone is dispensed at clinics specifically for that purpose.

Can you put a greater wall between the two of you? I know you said you aren't "stalking" him or anything, but it naturally causes you distress when you happen upon things about his lifestyle. I wonder if you can stop "loaning" him money, and if you can sever other financial ties with him? Or are you not ready to really make a split yet?
Sounds like you have clarity about who he is and what's going on -- do you know what your next step is?

I guess I just realized that you didn't ask for advice other than the CVS issue. Sorry if I crossed a line
Old 01-25-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My brother who is on the methadone clinics goes to the same stores all the time because he is bored. He buys random stuff that he gets addicted too. like air freshners or whatever is on sale so who knows.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cmhcali View Post
My brother who is on the methadone clinics goes to the same stores all the time because he is bored. He buys random stuff that he gets addicted too. like air freshners or whatever is on sale so who knows.
Just curious....what does he do with air fresheners?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The purchases are from 18.00-80.00
For the record he is under my HMO medical and prescriptions come from the HMO provider for $5 copay and visits are free.

@Coffeedrinker.............I am far from stalking him. I have actually been stalked by one of the girls who I believe he does drugs with. I have a restraining order on her based on her calling, texting, sitting outside my kids school, sitting outside our house and sending messages through FB. I have been stalked and took through the ringer on this one. I am actually really strong NOW. Before I was so in love that I was blind but that time period is over. I am a very strong independent woman. Who can stand her own (thank GOD) financially. I am still human get emotional at times. Last night he texted saying that he was feeling sick......this time I responded (I usually ignore him) and said "You have insurance go use I am not a doctor". See I can have contact with him because I tell him what he needs to hear not what he wants to hear. Whereas others need to have no contact for their own sanity(I use to be here). This morning he called and spoke with the kids and then told me that he was feeling better. I responded by saying look don't call or text me when u feel bad because you didnt call me when you were making life decisions for me and the kids. I am ur wife NOT ur mother. I hope this clarifies the situation a little. CVS was just a question...believe me I am not stalking him AT ALL!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

oh unhappy, I know people who go to pharmacies and buy air freshners...yes, they huff glade. I agree with coffeedrinker, stalking is the term I thought when I first read your post. Please consider the concept. (written by an X stalker)
Old 01-26-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

no, no you guys! i meant to say "unhappy, you already told us you're not stalking him. but! when you come across his desk, messages, etc, it is causing you distress. can't you put even more distance between you two."

it seems we all have rushed to your aid, and blew this out of proportion!!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks all.....I guess I misunderstood. I'm sorry. There is a lot of distance really I'm just trying to clear up the financial end of things..... I ama so sorry if I confused anyone
Old 01-26-2010, 09:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

My brother-in law and his wife were in the methadone clinic for two years. They gained a lot of weight and they were "addicted" to collecting useless crap from stores, gas stations, novelty items, you name it, they had it...very strange behavior but I've seen it in many people that are in the clinic. Lighters with flames that change colors, sticky eyeballs, pencil erasers, the crap they sell at the gas stations that's overpriced. I'm not sure if that's what the other poster was talking about, but it just caught my attention.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

You have no reason to be sorry sweetie. You asked a simple question and you have that right.
I didn't see anything in your post that set off stalker alerts if you start following him with joker paint on your face then we may have to call Reggie Bush.
But really I hope you found the answers you were looking for. We are here for you while your going through this.