Helping me find the way out

Old 01-22-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Helping me find the way out

Someone shared this story with me, and I thought I would post it here...maybe for those who, like me, had not heard it before:

A man falls into a hole. It is deep and he can't get out.
A doctor walks by and the man shouts up to him
"Doctor, I have fallen down here and can't get out. Please help"
The doctor scribbles a prescription, tosses it down and moves on.

A priest walks by. The man once again shouts out - "Father, I need help getting out of here." The priest says a prayer and moves on.

Next one of the man's friends walks by. The man calls out - "Joe! I have fallen into this deep hole and can't get out."

Joe jumps down into the hole. The man is incredulous - "Why would you jump in? Now we're both stuck down here."

Joe pats his friend on the back - "It's OK" he tells him, "I've been here before and I know the way out."

Thank you all for jumping in with me....
I am still struggling with my AS who called me last week and told me his electricity had been turned off. He didn't ask (and I didn't offer) to give him any money. Although I still have alot of fear about what will happen to him, I feel so much better in a weird way...better about my relationship with him. Maybe because for the first time in his/my life, I'm not treating him like he is still 12years old.....

Hunny
Old 01-22-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. It is a milestone moment when something like this happens!
Old 01-24-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hunny1116 - What an interesting post. I had to smile when I read futher the lack of electricity. I have endured this numerous times with my ABF. We lived together and he'd spend the money on drugs, alcohol, strip clubs, you name it. He'd get the extension and still not pay it. He sure knew when MY check would be in the mail!!! Until one day, we had to go sleep at my best friends house for three days and he wasn't even humiliated. Instead, he pawned the PS3 and bought alcohol. Not gas in my car which I was taxi-ing him around. Feeding him. etc. Yep, turned that power on about 100 times and still he belittled me telling me I didn't do crap or pay for crap. Let the boy sit in the dark with a couple candles. Maybe give him some advice on how to conserve the hot water for a shower. Your AS knew the power bill was due, but neglected it. He didn't neglect his addiction however. Stay strong. You can do it!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
work in progress

Let the boy sit in the dark with a couple candles..........He didn't neglect his addiction

Excellent point, and I concur.