I am great!

Old 01-23-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am great!

Update...

Chemo started on Tuesday of this week. Little tired, weepy, depressed ya know, the normal "poor me" stuff. My friends and family have helped me through it and I feel really good today~! Got my hair cut so when the "fall out" happens, I won't notice it so much on my pillow and in my drains. I needed a ride to a Dr. appt. and Chris took me. It was in a word "reflective" for me. I handled it as a friend helping a friend, nothing more and nothing less. It was a very empowering feeling......and I am really OK with it all.

Have a great night everyone! God Bless..
Old 01-23-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

kiki,

sounds like you are in a very good place. my bf cut, then shaved my head exactly one week after my first chemo, as there was a lot of hair in the brush that day, and i was pretty emotional - anxious - about it all.

keep surrounding yourself with compassionate people, and let them do things for you. i made a pact with myself that everyone who said "is there anything i can do" i would say "yes" then come up with something. it was cathartic, and i knew that people would rather help with something concrete, more than just good wishes.

best to you...
Old 01-23-2010, 06:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
work in progress

I didn't want to let this out, but...

....I am a hairstylist

I have had many moments with women who had me cut off their hair before chemo. It is such an intimate experience to share with a woman, and it sometimes can be the moment where it all becomes so real. The strength that you all display and the courage to fight through is something that I hold in such high regard. I will always be inspired by this.

All of those women BTW, are in remission and I am happy to report, doing very well...as will you. Thank you so much for sharing that moment with us and we will all be right here with you.

PS~
I hope your hairdresser took good care of you and hope you both shared some laughs and hugs as well.

:ghug3
Old 01-23-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Keeping you in my prayers Kiki.

My sister-in-law just celebrated 10 years cancer free. What helped her most during her surgeries and chemo was support from other women who were breast cancer (her cancer) survivors.

As she puts it..."I lost a lot of hair, but made a lot of friends".

We're all cheering you on here, Kiki.

Hugs
Old 01-23-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

you are in my prayers too, kiki.
my mom is also a cancer survivor, its been about 15yrs now. my ah's cousin was diagnosed about 15yrs ago, they say about 95% of his vital orgins.(don't know for sure), but today, between treatments and prison, he's still active in his addiction. i think you are gonna be just fine. you sound so strong.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I couldn't do it without the help, love and support of my friends and this board! Thanks to all of you!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey (((((Kiki)))) I have so many positive thoughts and prayers going your way!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Kiki))) - sending you more hugs, prayers and positive thoughts.

Amy
Old 01-25-2010, 04:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keeping you in my prayers.....
Old 01-25-2010, 04:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Found out this week though that C will never change...and that's OK for me. Thought he was being a friend and helping me but it was AFTER he called my friends asking why they couldn't take me to the Dr. Shame on him! It solidified all of my decisions and am even stronger now!