No contact and need support

Old 01-19-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy No contact and need support

I just recently went NO contact with Ex ABF. I got sucked back into listening to his crap a few days ago, but pulled myself out and have not txt or anything in 3 days.

Well he just sent this sappy txt that is actually part of a LOVE song. So, I just really needed to come on here and get some support to NOT respond to him.

I'm not sure what I was really wanting just needed to do something so I would not think about his txt. He is so bad for me. I just can't get sucked back in....he is still using Meth and is unemployed on top of that...basically has nothing to offer me but pain and heartache. So, I have no idea why I would even have a hard time with NOT responding to his txt. No idea!

Any who....thanks for listening.! Breathhhhhhhh....
Old 01-19-2010, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sending hugs your way! keep yourself busy till your tired. thats all I can say . Thats the no thinking assignment my sponsor gives me.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A huge atta gal! Knowing what you want, and asking for help!

Hope this helps, just for today- you are NOT going to text him. You can think about tomorrow, tomorrow!! Turn off the phone. Then you won't get anymore texts with those darn sappy love songs. (been there)
Old 01-19-2010, 07:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think I made it through it...at least for TODAY. He called about 6 times after I did not respond to the txt and I just walked away from the phone. He finally stopped calling and just left a sappy voicemail. Now I need to work on not even reading the txt or listening to the msgs...that will be next...baby steps ; )

Thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I walked around with a card in my pocket with all the bad stuff he had done ....took it out when I felt sappy....it helped....no contact really is better....
Old 01-19-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When they contact us and we start missing them it is easy to just remember the good times... don't forget to play the "tape all the way through" and remember the bad times too and why you are apart. Keep working on you... these feelings will pass... stay busy and just give it time.

Good job on not answering the phone... that is a huge baby step!!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I thing it was ((Japic5) who recommended changing his name on your cell phone to something that will make you think twice so when something comes through for him, it will read "unemployed meth user" or something to that effect. I think even "no more" or "no contact" would give you just enough pause to remember why you're doing this. I've heard people use this suggestion with a lot of variations and have even used it for someone I didn't want to hear from that WASN'T an A...it worked

I know it's hard, but baby steps work and get you farther and farther away from him and the hurt.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-19-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you...I think I like that idea about changing his name..I'm going to think of a REALLY GOOD ONE!!! LOL!

Now he has gone from being sweet and nice to his usual crappy self cussing and stuff because I won't answer or respond. Oh well...I kind of like seeing how short of time it takes for his rage to come into play..it makes it all that much easier to move on and IGNORE!

Thanks guys!!! This really helped me get through this
Old 01-19-2010, 08:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
work in progress

...I just really needed to come on here and get some support to NOT respond to him.

Good move!

There are times when I literally count the hours to get through the day.

Go see Avatar....not only is it a really good movie....it's 2 hours and 40 minutes of your life you won't be talking to Him.

We're with ya' sister!

PS- I changed my AH's name on my cell phone to "Don't Believe" and I am planning on changing his picture to a duck. "quack quack"
Old 01-19-2010, 09:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by tchappy View Post

I'm not sure what I was really wanting just needed to do something so I would not think about his txt. He is so bad for me. I just can't get sucked back in....he is still using Meth and is unemployed on top of that...basically has nothing to offer me but pain and heartache. So, I have no idea why I would even have a hard time with NOT responding to his txt. No idea!
GOOD for you, you played the tape out. keep moving forward. be prepared, its probably not the last you'll hear from him.

i think at times like this, no contact is better, at least it was for me. if you don't listen to the junk, you won't fall for the junk. jmo