received good advice from my addict

Old 01-19-2010, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

received good advice from my addict

My AH and I are living separately after I told him to leave on New Year's Eve. I have not been good with the "no contact" rule but we mostly just talk about getting his things out of my place. However, he did give me some good advice that I'd like to share with all of you. He said, "take care of yourself and don't worry about other people." Gee - is he my higher power? LOL - just kidding. But I thought it was an interesting comment considering the source.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thanks. I know this well. But something that I needed to hear again tonight.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

BTW, Good to see you as always.
Are you melting yet? lol
Crazy Rain eh.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by I'm done with it View Post
He said, "take care of yourself and don't worry about other people."
I lost myself in worrying about my ex-AH and his problems. We've been separated over a year and I'm also unemployed. I've been remembering the days I'd come home from work and he'd still be sitting on the couch. (He didn't work, didn't clean house, didn't do nothing...) And it would get on my nerves so much... I'd have sarcastic comments, we'd end up arguing. Well now that its me who's unemployed, some days I don't "feel" like cleaning, etc. I understand how depressing it can be just to sit in the house all day, even though I job hunt online... I would hate to think I'd have to listen to the ME I was to him at the end of my day.

Just saying I could relate to this..... keep reading and posting it will help you
get through this. (((HUGS)))
Old 01-19-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kind words. I'm back and with a different perspective from before. I'm not so angry, just fed up...still.

Done - what are you saying? Only witches melt with water...muahhahaha..
good to see you're still around.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

It's funny today I was with a WHOLE bunch of friends, lots of personalities, lives, etc.
Something made me think about this post,
We are more like a big family than anything, and you know how you see people you really care about making the most un common sense of a decision one could make? lol..
As everyone was commenting as to 'why' this person would do something such as this,
I said I think it is a boundary thing, and people just don't know how to take care of themselves or haven't learned. I'm thankful that I had years of my Mom yelling at me because I used to take care of everyone else first, and someone goes, YAA I can tell you've had to work on that, lol, in a nice way...
But then I was like I just don't think 'this person' has learned that yet, and in her time she will or she won't. My only job (or concern) is to be her friend or to not.
lol and like Ray said, that person could be me next week.
Cuz there was that one time back in 1982 i made an un common sense decision, LOL

But it was a good conversation we had, just reminded me of this post.
There's such a fine line when you care about someone........
Old 01-19-2010, 09:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by I'm done with it View Post
Thank you for the kind words. I'm back and with a different perspective from before. I'm not so angry, just fed up...still.

Done - what are you saying? Only witches melt with water...muahhahaha..
good to see you're still around.
LOL, No I was thinking Princess, don't princess's melt in the rain, or I thought all of us LAains melted in the rain.
Cuz we shhuurre can't drive in the rain...
If you can believe it I had to dance in this pouring rain for like 3 hours today,
I was so wet I was completely numb........
ha ha, funny hu.

Whether your angry or fed up or whatever, I'm just glad to see you here.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Princesses can't sleep with a pea under their mattress...witches melt with water...maybe that is why traffic was surprisingly light tonight.

I'm glad to be here and to hear everyone else's experiences. It helps. Sometimes I need to step away and go thru my own experiences but it is good to know there are good people here who understand what I'm going thru. Thanks to everyone.