Feeling Better today

Old 01-14-2010, 04:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Better today

I think I am feeling better today about my decision. Maybe it is part of my own recovery that I made a decision (good or bad) didn't let what others thoughts about it influence me, did some homework about my decision and stuck with it. Wow was I agitated and still am to a degree. But I own it now and it is the first time in my life I have done something like this. For anyone who hasn't read my preivous posts I left a new job that I just hated going to, it was probably one of the worst places I have ever worked and I just couldn't do it for even one more day. I have not been without a job in well over 25 years.. so it feels really weird to me. And on another bright note I think my drug using AS seems much better these days. Again something new for me I set up two boundaries and yes I have stuck with them. So I hope I'm finally on a better track and hope to make my life more peaceful. I thank eveyrone here that has helped me.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Your posts remind me that the more we work our recovery, the better our lives become...regardless of what each day hands us.

I have been in recovery for about 10 years or so, and yet still learn and grow every day. Some days life throws me a curve and I can thank my recovery for not letting those days knock me to my knees. Most days like that I think "If THIS is the biggest problem life hands me, thank You God!!". It helps me keep it all in perspective.

JD, you are in what we call "the hallway", that in-between time where we get to regroup and rest and decide what our next path will be. Even though it brings uncertainty as to what the future may hold, recovery has taught us that "tomorrow" is out of our hands and usually unfolds quite well all on its own.

Hugs
Old 01-14-2010, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((JD)) - I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, and I'm glad you come here and post, allowing us to walk with you, down the "codie recovery path".

My path, has had some slips and slides, but I am truly grateful for recovery and the people here, who are always willing to reach out a hand and pull me back to my feet.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-14-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm also glad you are feeling better today. i pray that you find the type of work you are looking for and i pray that you find it quickly.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BBD

Doesn't it feel good to know that you have made some decisions that make YOU feel good. I'm beginning to realize that life does go on.......and my sons decisions are his and mine are mine. It took quite a while for me to back away and hand his life over to himself and God....I wish you luck in the weeks ahead looking for work but enjoy every day you have to yourself right now. Hugs, Bonnie
Old 01-14-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all and I like the analogy of "I am now in the hallway". It does feel very strange to me as like I said never have done this or felt this way before. But in some ways it feels really good. As luck would have it somone called today and I have an interview in the morning ... send "good luck" vibes my way that it will be a good fit for me. And yes, I decided today to enjoy it as I have never had this kinda time on my hands with no agenda and no rush. I went shopping with my sister today and she was worried that she was keeping me too long, to which I replied for the first time ever "no rush I have nowhere to be anytime soon. I know I can't do this for long as I can't afford to have to pay the bills but it's a nice break from real life. And just to share the funniest thought came to me today. About 5 months ago I heard about a women who did just what I just did this week and saying I thought she was crazy to be so irresponsible. And again my HP taught me to not be so judgemental of others unless you can walk in there shoes and again my HP had me walk in those shoes. This has happen to me so much in this life that I think I had better learn the lesson. I guess better late than never right.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((JD)) - sending prayers that you find the right job.

Yes, I seem to get "hit" with the very lessons I need to learn, too Funny how that works, huh?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy