Problems

Old 01-13-2010, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Problems

I have had my heart broken watching my only child destroy his life with drugs. It hurt me so bad, that some of my family and friends told me, they thought I wasn't going to make it. I didn't eat, or sleep, and I panicked. At the time I didn't think there was a way out, or that things would ever get better. I did make it. And things did get better. And I am still here. I am well, and clean from opiate addiction for the past 5 years. I can't believe how fast the years went by. My son has been clean since last February. He just got his own apartment in Florida, and is doing really well. I chased him around for almost 3 years trying to save his life. Ripping him physically out of drug dens in drug infested neighborhoods in Brooklyn New York. So here's my point. All of that, is nothing compared to what the people of Haiti are going through tonight. My heart and prayers go out to all of the suffering people who are hurt, hungry and homeless. So remember people, when you think it's really bad, and your life is in the pit. Remember there's so much to be thankful for. You just have to want it.
Keep moving forward, and stay strong.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm glad your son is doing well, and will keep him in my prayers.

And yes, the people of Haiti are facing huge tragedy right now, and my little problems today are so trivial compared to what they are going through.

Keeping all the people of Haiti and their loved ones everywehre in my prayers also.

Hugs
Old 01-14-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i totally agree with you guys. whats that saying? "i complained about having no shoes, until i met a man with no feet". prayers for the people of haiti.