Day 9 "Codie Detox"

Old 01-08-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
work in progress

Talking Day 9 "Codie Detox"

Well ladies and gentleman,

I am going back to work today and am soooooooo excited about getting my life back to routine.

I feel so much better today, and I wanted to thank all of you for helping Me get through my days of "detoxing" from my A.

I have been off from work this entire time, and I think it was probably the best thing for Me. I wasn't happy about it at first, but I forced myself to use the time to understand myself and the cycles I keep getting myself into.

It's a start. I am no where near the woman that I want to be for myself, but I am much further along than I was 9 days ago.

I took my "rings" off....but I may put them back on at work for now. I'm not ready to "declare" anything publicly...when the time is right, I will.

I still have a heavy heart for him, bur I am seeing this so much clearer than I ever have.

I keep having "moments" where I realize what I have done to myself and to him...not letting him be the person he is...and just not allowing myself to either "accept it" or "let it go"....

But I'm here now, and that's what matters.

Thank you all again for helping Me get through these days and I will post updates on how the detox is going.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're sounding better and better every day. Thank you for posting this. I'll try to do the same once I'm @ that spot. Hang in there. You're doing great.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
work in progress

Thanks Callie....

I'm rooting for you too!

(( BIG HUG ))
Old 01-08-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sofa
you truly are doing great..........you've come further in 9 days than some of us have in 9 months and even 9 years.

Keep up the good work, enjoy being back at work and remember some days will be better than others.

Babysteps
Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Sofacat))) - I think you're doing great. You will have your "up" days and "down" days, but taking this time for yourself, I think, was a good idea.

Now, you get to get back into your routine and yes, realize that routine doesn't include him. One step at a time, but I think you're doing great!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-08-2010, 11:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sofacat, I love it! Counting days worked so well for me...and for some reason by the time I hit 30, I was in a much better place in my head and things were more clear than they had been in years.
You go!!!