Just read how to tell if hie's ready for recovery

Old 01-07-2010, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just read how to tell if hie's ready for recovery

Well I have to say doesn't sound at all like my son which really tells me a lot. He makes fun of the meetings. They went to an AA dance and he says is was .. well I don't want to say the word. The meeting to him are boring. I know he hasn't made his appt with the psy like the told him. So I guess he is not really that into his recovery even thought I haven't seen any sign of use and I am trying to be more aware.. As I have said I won't give him a roof over his head any longer if he goes back to the drugs. He will have to find his own roof. I am really proud of myself for making some boundries never really did that with him before. But I know I have a long long way to go. Have a great day!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Search for "terminal uniqueness" on the forum -- that's the stage your son is in now! "I'm not LIKE those people!!" Sound familiar?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

glad to hear you've made some decisions for yourself, thats progress and i'm proud of your too.

as for as your son, i'm glad he seems to be still clean but from what you post, sounds like he may still have some reservations about using. i pray this is not the case though, recovery is serious busness for most of us ras.

hopefully as he continues to go to meetings, more will be revealed to him and he'll began to see how important they can be, even if he don't, good to see you focusing more on you.