Ot: Puppies

Old 01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Ot: Puppies

anybody know how old a puppy has to be before they are too old to have puppies. my Precious just had 3 puppies and she is like 8 people yrs old. i thought she was too old but she has the most adorable babies..this caught us all by surprize, i thought she looked pregnant.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I don't know how old, maybe call a vet and ask...but I do know that new puppies here require pictures for all of us to share

I love babies of any species (well, not bugs) and puppies and kittens just melt my heart.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks you guys.
ann, we just discovered the puppies tonight so soon i'll try to post some pics.\

anvil, the dad is precious's son. go figure. his dad got hit by a car and past away last yr. i forgot to tell you guys about that. yeah it was heartbreaking. i saw him get hit and pass away. i posted pics of them both when i first posted precious, his name was bo.

the dads name now is PUPPY, he looks just like PRECIOUS only black and tan. the new babies,1 black and 2 black and white, just plain pretty to me. boy do i hate to think i have to find them homes, i wish i could keep them but thats not an option, even though my 17yrs daughter don't understand why not.
\
cynical, i thought that was hilarious about teaching them how to drive.lol
Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Teke - I have always heard from 2.5-5 years. Anything before that they're too young, anything after that and you can have complications. I think it also has to do with how many litters they have. Some breeders breed every cycle, that disgusts me as it's hard on the dogs. Most of these places are puppy mills though.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think this is PRICIOUS'S 5 litter. i thought at one time to get her fixed but i honestly thought she was finished since she hasn't had any in about 2yrs. they all seem to be doing fine but i don't know for sure yet, i guess i'll just have to keep an eye on them.

callie i have to admit that yrs ago she was having them too often for my comfort but she still seemed ok. trust me, i wasn't trying to breed them, we just love the babies once they are here and keep trying to keep at least one of them and this is what happens.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

BTW, I have to say, one thing ((Ann)) DOESN'T like, little or big, is racoons Ask her about the ones that were 8 feet tall!!

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Our cat Patches, is the daughter of cat Mots...you'd never KNOW it, though, as she hisses at him every time he gets close to her....I don't think cats and dogs understand "family" the way we humans do once they get past the weaning stage.

((Cynical)) - I LOVED the driving the car part We had a poor shih-tzu that my niece, Brit, put her in Barbie car when she was about 3...she pressed the gas pedal with her hand, and off went Sassy!! Poor dog was scared as could be!!! She was probably 10 years old, at the time, and didn't like driving at ALL!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One of the rules we agreed to when we joined this forum is if we talk puppies, we need to share a picture.

Speaking of puppies, well old puppies, anyone know what's going on with Freedom? I miss her smiling face.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
BTW, I have to say, one thing ((Ann)) DOESN'T like, little or big, is racoons Ask her about the ones that were 8 feet tall!!
Vicious beasts, raccoons are, vicious I tell ya.