Sons' addiction

Old 12-26-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sons' addiction

The girlfriend is coming home from rehab tomorrow. I think my son's been staying clean until last night. He is acting like his wierd self the one I hadn't realized was his using self until he stopped. I had forgotten the really nice man he was it had been so long. Unsure if I should confront him or wait it out and see how the rest of the day goes. This is hard going to my 2nd naranon meeting on Monday.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Jacksdaughter)))

If you confront him, be prepared that he will most likely deny it. We A's are known for denying stuff, even if we have dope in our hands

You DO have the right to act, just on your gut feelings though, you know..on what his behavior is. You don't HAVE to have "proof". I've told my stepmom that I don't KNOW if she's abusing her pills, but her BEHAVIOR is the same as when she did, and she can expect me to react just as if she is abusing (I can't kick her out...I live with her and stepdad)...all I can do is detach and get pretty snappy with her (okay, not very recovery-like on the snappy part, but it's what she pays attention to).

I know this is hard, and I'm sorry.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-26-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What do you hope to achive with a confrontation?
Old 12-26-2009, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're right I don't know what I think I'll accomplish. I just really hate being in this position. I never thought I would be and am always anticipating the worst now. It's awful. I need to get to a meeting soon And I think he needs to start apartment shopping.