New addiction

Old 12-22-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New addiction

So the ABF has traded a needle for a video game... He plays for hours upon hours. It is really bad. He is at his parents, because I will not let him do that here. It has gotten to the point that his feet began to swell because of poor circulation. I am at a lost... I gave him a month to get a job (this is the month) and nothing. I know he will use the feet incident as an excuse. He developed an infection and apparently they were so bad he could not walk. Again I am at a lost. Its a hard time of year to break it off with someone... For today I hate the addiction and see no hope.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry to hear about your bf and i pray that he finds his way soon. its good that you are focusing more on you and what you want out of life. i'm praying for you and wishing you a merry christmas.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
IPT

Originally Posted by littlebird77 View Post
I gave him a month to get a job (this is the month) and nothing.
Hard time though it may be to let go of someone, are you quite sure this something/someone you want to hold onto? Don;t get me wrong, I have bargined many a time, set guidelines on what I needed with my ex only to see it not materialze time and time again. We had totally different lifestyles and work ethincs. I thought she could "get it together", but she and I had different ideas of what that meant. Now I am with someone who "sees" the world like I do. It is like breathing fresh air. Easy, effortless, and mutually satisfying.

Don't mean to be harsh or gloomy. Just trying to make you think. I stayed with my ex for 3+ years before I fianlly had enough. Hang in there and look out for yo and your needs.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember the first time my husband tried to get clean, he told me he just needed to find something positive that gave him the same feeling cocaine did. His second attempt at getting clean he realized this was impossible, and focuses on being the best man he can be.

The drug use meets a need, sounds like your boyfriend is trying to meet that need in way that he doesn't think will hurt anyone. Noone ever got arrested for playing video games right? But he doesn't see beyond that.

Recovery is a process. And it's hard, and it doesn't always stick.